• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

March Pump w/brass pump head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSRider

Reaction score
I have used this a few times, and am letting it go. It is in nearly new condition. Will take 115 plus shipping.

SNC00411.jpg

SNC00410.jpg

SNC00412.jpg

SNC00413.jpg

I forgot to add that I have bulk extension cord that I can cut you a piece to whatever reasonable length you would like. The plug end is re usable and you can make the cord to your liking. I will send a piece with the pump no charge.

I was going to hard pipe this in so I wanted the brass. I used it to send both hot water and wort.

My PM box fills up fast because of the silly 5 pm limit so Im just going to put info here.

This is a standard 809-hs pump, so it will take that mount, but I dont have one for it.

If anyone wants to get a hold of me send an email to ssridersledlights at gmail .com

I have many PM's but no one has said for sure they want this so 1st to do that can have it.

how much are you looking to get for it . are you willing to ship? oops answered my own question

I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet. Good price shipped and the brass heads are nice. You don't have to worry about the threads breaking.

Personally I've seen sales for a new pump at $115 plus shipping. The brass costs a bit more, but not enough for me to justify it personally. I don't think I would pay more than $100 for a used pump unless there was something significant to make it worthwhile.

I'm not threadcrapping, that's just my line of thinking on why I passed on this one compared to the others that have been up for grabs the last couple weeks. However, those deals are few and far between, so if I wanted/needed a pump right now, or in the next 2 months, I would jump on this in a heartbeat because it's still a good deal, I just have the luxury of being able to wait a little longer... it'll take at least that long to convince my wife this is a good idea :)

I know everyone likes to get a deal, but I olny used this a few times so it is vey near new. It has the bronze head which is a 50.00 pump head upgrade. I paid near 150 dollars once it was shipped, so I think its a fair price. I offered to ship to someone for $120.00, so that is what my offer will be.

Personally I've seen sales for a new pump at $115 plus shipping. The brass costs a bit more, but not enough for me to justify it personally. I don't think I would pay more than $100 for a used pump unless there was something significant to make it worthwhile.

I'm not threadcrapping, that's just my line of thinking on why I passed on this one compared to the others that have been up for grabs the last couple weeks. However, those deals are few and far between, so if I wanted/needed a pump right now, or in the next 2 months, I would jump on this in a heartbeat because it's still a good deal, I just have the luxury of being able to wait a little longer... it'll take at least that long to convince my wife this is a good idea :)

my wife called me an idiot for waiting so long to buy a pump. once you get a pump (and even at this price, not horrible), you'll wonder why you never did so before.

Then don't buy it. It's a fair deal for a pump with a BRASS head on it. You can't compare it to a regular march pump.

What kind of improvement does a brass head give over the regular head?

I think it's a good deal, I've stated so. I hope it sells and I think the seller can get his asking price. If I needed one today I would definitely jump on it. I don't even have plans to brew for at least two weeks, and I'm still probably a good 2-3 months away from going all-grain, but if I was brewing an all-grain batch this weekend I would've bought it already. $120 shipped is very tempting at this point for me actually...

Back