Oops here I go Again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
You would have thought I would have learned my lesson already. When I brewed Friday night. I set a blow off tube on then top of the fermentor. after 3 days the bottle was pretty full and running a nice steady bubbling. I changed from the blow off tube to the airlock. Oops. Yesterday all day everything was going great. regular bubbling when I got up today to check wow a blow over. So I put the blow off tube back on and there was no activity into the blow off bottle. I put the airlock back on and it started regular active fermentation. I hope all is well with it.:tank::tank:

You're in good shape.

I usually leave the blow off tube on my primary for the first week or more. It's just a giant airlock.

Well Just got home form work about 45 minutes ago, and the Airlock is still in tack and bubbling fine. looks like it is going to be a good beer to mmm:mug::mug:

+ 1 on just leaving the blowoff tube on. I don't see any advantage to replacing it with an airlock (except maybe aesthetics)

I have only ever used a blow off tube, I don't see a need for an airlock. I do tend to see less activity from the blow off though, I guess because so much of the tube is under water it requires more pressure to blow off?

Back