Pinoy brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up guys! I'm from manila! doing all grain kits at the moment and setting up equipment! Do you guys know where to get a temperature controller for a fridge?

I ordered my temp cooler from the US (120V AC), I had an outlet rewired for 120V, then bought a Step Up http://www.wilcon.com.ph/automatic-...y-url-autogeneration-failed-009500001354.html for the locally purchased 220V AC Freezer http://www.haier.com/ph/sanyoproduct/freezer/chest_freezer/sf-c24kp.shtml. I can fit two batches in the freezer with this setup. I also am brewing a saison in the ambient air on my back porch.

That's what I'm planning to do as well. I got a spare design but don't have the controller. Was shipping expensive? Btw where did you buy the saison yeast? Did you order it from the US as well?

This is Rich in Manila (actually Paranaque City). Been here 2 1/2 years, brew extract kellar and all-grain kellar. Anyone have a reliable local contact for Wyerrmann malts in bulk? I've been using Juan Brew, fairly reliable and rapid source nearby, but am ramping up my brewing to meet demand and will be increasing production to a half-barrel at a time by the end of 2017... and buying grain at retail for that level is cost-prohibitive
I've been trying to get the local Wyermann distributor to acknowledge my existence--even to having the Wyermann home office (I used to buy at the maltzgeri in Bamberg myself), but so far 6 months of trying has yielded zero responses. Worse comes to worse, I'll buy by the 50 kg sack and balikbayon them in, and it will still be less expensive than retail... but...

I wish I could help you out; I'm about 4 hours from Bamberg. I've just been keeping an eye on this thread for the eventual retirement to the PI in a few years.

Hi Steveoj... and thanks for the response. Yeah, I used to live in Bamberg and would go to the maltzgeri and get my sacks of malt right there ;) I'm going to order from Juanbrew-it's only a little more expensive per kilo than my stateside supplier (The Grape & Grainery, folks I've been using for nearly 25 years now)... but when you add the cost of balikbayon box (not to mention the hassle of getting family to pack it up or paying a forwarder to do the same), the slight cost addition is worth it, if I can't get the wholesaler to talk to me.

Hi Marvin123... glad to meet you too.

Hi Steveoj... and thanks for the response. Yeah, I used to live in Bamberg and would go to the maltzgeri and get my sacks of malt right there ;) I'm going to order from Juanbrew-it's only a little more expensive per kilo than my stateside supplier (The Grape & Grainery, folks I've been using for nearly 25 years now)... but when you add the cost of balikbayon box (not to mention the hassle of getting family to pack it up or paying a forwarder to do the same), the slight cost addition is worth it, if I can't get the wholesaler to talk to me.

Hi Marvin123... glad to meet you too.

Hi rwalrath, you can join the brewing groups in facebook here in the PI and do bulk ordering with the others. Having it shipped via container vans will be way cheaper than balikbayan boxes.

Hi rwalrath, you can join the brewing groups in facebook here in the PI and do bulk ordering with the others. Having it shipped via container vans will be way cheaper than balikbayan boxes.

I'm in at least one of the homebrew groups as well as one of the craftbrewer's groups. Thanks for the heads up. I will watch for posts about it. Do you have a favorite group you use?

Rich

Thanks for the info! Also, do you guys know how to use abbey malt? I have some of it with crystal 20 and honey. Also have a bit of cascade and citra sitting around.

Don't know abbey malt... but I did discover an interesting coincidence about the Weyermann distributor here in the Philippines (Rudolf Lietz, Inc.) Surprisingly (or maybe not so much so) it is the same address as Juanbrew... sort of explains why I never received an answer from them, despite three different attempts at contact, AND the Weyermann home office asking them to contact me. I guess I'll let my contact in Bamberg know there apparently seems to be an exclusive sales arrangement and while I'll purchase some materials there, will keep looking for another supplier or try to join up with some of the bulk orders from the groups. C'est le guerre.

Latest posts

Back