Traveling to Michigan.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So this weekend, I'm headed to East Lansing for the MSU vs UofM game. Went to school at MSU but it's been 20 years since graduation. Bringing the family, which includes two young children. Haven't really been to east Lansing for a game since 2005 and that was a very brief visit as well.

So we fly into Detroit, landing mid afternoon, then rental car to hotel in Lansing. Probably I'll want to stop someplace along the drive for a bite to eat. Any recommendations welcomed, especially any family friendly brew pubs.

Ditto once we get into downtown Lansing, as well as for Saturday in east Lansing for dinner. Fond memories of Panchero's if that's still open. Not sure what is in the old basement "top dog" spot, though that closed before I graduated.

Nice to know where I might pickup some craft beer for tailgating.

What would really be excellent, would be to find a place that sell Jolly Pumpkin beer out of Dexter (not even sure where that is) and have some shipped home!

Planning for a full day on Saturday, meeting up with some old friends on campus. Sunday it's back to the airport, with maybe time for breakfast in town. I recall there was a place did a nice brunch out of the old train station restaurant in downtown. Not sue if that place is open or not anymore or what other options there might be.

Thanks for any advice!

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Don't know of brewpubs that way just wanted to say GO SPARTANS...

.also not sure on jolly pumpkin however jaw jacker from arcadia is a good pumpkin ale made in Kalamazoo and if I may also recommend oval beach blonde ale and ESB amber from Saugatuck brewery

Most meijers carry single bottles of these around here

1414234797598.jpg

1414234817839.jpg

1414234846892.jpg

Jolly pumpkin in Anne Arbor is family friendly. We stopped there for lunch earlier this year on our way back from Detroit. Good food and good beer.

Back