more DIY drip trays "the chief"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighPlainsDrifter

Reaction score
I named this in honor of BierMuncher (avatar) whos thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=30179&highlight=drip+tray really got me thinking on how to make a low cost wall mount tray.

While I think BierMuncher's "fellas" are perfect for beer tower applications, I needed something that would mount to the front of my fridge.

I made this from a 14" stainless mud pan (for sheetrock), $11.95 at Lowe's, and a piece of leftover stainless that I got from a local welder in exchange for a couple of beers.

A little drilling, some crimping and BAM! The Chief:

Front:
8240-100_0609.JPG

Back:
8240-100_0608.JPG

(click pics to see full size)

The top snaps right off for easy cleaning.

The shape of the pan will require me to make a wedge shaped mount on the fridge door to keep it level. A nice piece of scrap wood, and I'm in business. I may end up drilling some more holes in the top, but I really liked the look of this layout. You could also add a drain without too much trouble if you felt like it.
They also have these in 12" models if the 14" is too big for someone.

BierMuncher said:
Very nice. I'm honored.

I havea chest freezer I'm installing with taps so I may need to steel this idea...then we'll be even.

Knock yourself out!!! I just did what you did, wandered around Lowe's with an open mind. I'll post more pics with my mounting bracket when I get a chance.:mug:

HighPlainsDrifter said:
Thanks! The thing is so shiny, I kept seeing my reflection with a big dorky grin on my face as I was assembling it.
:D
:mug: :mug:

HighPlainsDrifter said:
Thanks! The thing is so shiny, I kept seeing my reflection with a big dorky grin on my face as I was assembling it.
:D

That's hilarious and sounds exactly like something I would do.

Oh, and BTW, I am totally going to steal your idea.

Latest posts

Back