NW guys, Ninkasi believer double red or, Hale's Mongoos IPA recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC89

Reaction score
Hey guys pretty new to AG and looking for something similar to these. Just tried both of these beers an love them. I think the true test is first if you enjoy a whole pint not just a taster but if a pitcher is good till the last drop you've really got something. Im still too green to attempt building my own recipe so if anyone has tried something similar to either of these or want to help me take a shot at putting one together I would appreciate it. Even if you want to throw a yay or neigh for either or recomend something you like better have at it.

thanks guys

I've never seen a recipe for either of these. I do love me some Ninkasi believer double red. I've never looked in to cloning it because the brewery is here in town so it's every where and like to support the local guys. You could try to email Jamie to see if he could give you some suggestions.

If you want something like the Believer Double Red, try to find the West Coast Red recipe in Brewing Classic Styles. It's in the American Amber category and is similar to the Bear Republic Red Rocket, which to me is very similar to the Believer.

I shot off an email to both last week and it looks like I struck out. No responses from either. I did find this list on Hale's ales for the mongoose though, Ingredients; Pale Malted Barely, Crystal Malts, Centennial and Nugget Hops. OG 1.060. As for finding the red rocket recipe I'm having some trouble finding that too. I will probably just have to buy the book to get it, or so its looking like.

Back