Water Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its very simple...Your water report doesn't tell you anything you need to know!(With the exception of lead which is low). Mine is very similar. What you need to do is call your water provider and they will gladly tell you Ca, Mg, HCO, etc.

Check out Palmer on water: How to Brew - By John Palmer - Reading a Water Report

He also has a Residual Alkalinity Spreadsheet
chapter15-3.html

Evan,

When you find out, could you update this thread for us apathetic types so we don't have to call?

Thanks!!

haha, will do. i should have time to call sometime this week.

When you call, ask to speak to a chemist from the lab, otherwise the receptionist will refer you to the report you've already seen Explain why you want this information, otherwise they might think your some sort of wacko.

-a.

When you call, ask to speak to a chemist from the lab, otherwise the receptionist will refer you to the report you've already seen Explain why you want this information, otherwise they might think your some sort of wacko.

-a.

funny, everytime i tell someone i brew beer i get that "he is a wacko" look anyway, haha. but will do, guess i better get off my lazy butt and give them a call tomorrow.

Back