Lock for my fridges...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, I've installed locks on my kegerator/beer fridge and fermentation fridge. I'm already scared sh**less that some punk is going to end up dead be cause he drank too much from beer he stole from me. Right and wrong doesn't always hold up in court I'm afraid. From my original post, I mentioned my wallet being stolen. The punk who did that plead out and got 3 years probation and has to pay back the charges. Do you think for a minute that will ever happen? Hell no.

I've got a game cam set up but I'm sure they won't be back anytime soon.I'd rather catch someone and give then an a** whoopin than have them locked up. I really hope I can get a picture or two of whoever has been making himself at home under my carport while I'm asleep. Hell, they've taken all of I for now. It will take me a few months to build my supply back up.

I'd hope they would at LEAST return the EMPTIES. I mean COME ON!!
One thing my father is fond of saying: We have a LEGAL system, not a JUSTICE system.
Sometimes justice happens, but its incidental, not by design.

Man you guys are nice. I would be priming the bottles with rat poison. Or set up a bear trap to the handle of the fridge.

Not rat poison, you want some microbes that will give severe diarrhea and vomiting. Like Samonella. Get some inexpensive chicken from the grocery store, preferably Tyson :)
Get a few different brands, just in case one has better sanitation than the other. Let it sit out at room temperature for 24 hours.

Then put the chicken in a nylon bag, let is swish in your bottling bucket for a few minutes, then bottle and put it in your outdoor fridge.
There wont be Chicken Flavor, but hopefully enough microbes to make teh thieves sick.

You had better seriously clean you bucket after that.

Firstly, that seriously sucks. I'd make sure they pay for it one way or another. Secondly, update us on what happens. Thirdly, HBT field trip/stakeout is in order. Lol

they'll think it's a BMC clone and thank him

What really gets my goat (other than feeling violated) is that whatever jack*** took it probably has hated every drink. Other than my homebrew they got away with an full six pack of Little Sumpin, Real Ale IPA, Deschutes NWPA, and Real Ale Devil's Backbone. 20 or so homebrew Dunkleweizens, and a few American Browns. If I had a fridge full of Keith Stones I wouldn't feel so bad.

EllisTX said:
What really gets my goat (other than feeling violated) is that whatever jack*** took it probably has hated every drink. Other than my homebrew they got away with an full six pack of Little Sumpin, Real Ale IPA, Deschutes NWPA, and Real Ale Devil's Backbone. 20 or so homebrew Dunkleweizens, and a few American Browns. If I had a fridge full of Keith Stones I wouldn't feel so bad.

I believe stealing beer is one of the seven deadly sins. Have you ruled out the teenagers that hang out at your pad?

I believe stealing beer is one of the seven deadly sins. Have you ruled out the teenagers that hang out at your pad?

I have a strong suspicion that the nephews mentioned it to someone they shouldn't have. I don't think it was malicious intent on their part but the hang around with some scummy kids. I may be naïve though.

Latest posts

Back