Navarre / Ft Walton beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've chatted here with a guy in creative, but never met up. Went over to hop heads on a brew day they had, but didn't stay long. It'd be nice to meet up with some homebrews and BS. Where is Fridays.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397606563.792019.jpg

Just got my kegs from homebrewing.org. They look good for $96 shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pin lock. I actually prefer them over ball lock. That way I can't screw up the gas / liquid connections when I'm drunk!

I have one ball lock and now 3 pin locks. All I lack now is beer in them!

I'm on vacation the rest of the week. I went to hopheads today and got grains for an Irish red. I've never brewed one and haven't drank killians in years. I'm hoping i enjoy it. I just want to brew something besides a pale or ipa.

I kegged up Edworts Haus Ale on Sunday and it's pretty good. I've had quite a few already. If anyone wants to help me drink it your welcome to!:tank:

Hey Royal! Did you use Hop Heads Irish Red recipe? Or something else? I've brewed their Irish Red (actually it was a Blackberry Irish Red) I split the batch and only did half of it as blackberry and they both came out really good. I think I'm going to be brewing this weekend. Finally getting around to doing a Paulaner Hefe clone. I've got my IPA cold crashing with gelatin right now. Should be getting kegged in a couple of days. We all need to meet up.

:off:

My family vacations in Navarre regularly and we will be down there the first week of May...any good breweries in the area or good places to buy some quality beer to go? We usually just go to the winn-dixie across the bridge from the beach but their selection is limited to say the least...

The liquor store by Publix and Publix usually have a pretty decent selection of quality beer. I know that the liquor store carries the Pensacola Beach Brewery beers and are starting to get the Grayton Beach Beer in as well.

Hey Royal! Did you use Hop Heads Irish Red recipe? Or something else? I've brewed their Irish Red (actually it was a Blackberry Irish Red) I split the batch and only did half of it as blackberry and they both came out really good. I think I'm going to be brewing this weekend. Finally getting around to doing a Paulaner Hefe clone. I've got my IPA cold crashing with gelatin right now. Should be getting kegged in a couple of days. We all need to meet up.

It's a recipe I got off the AHA website. I'm thinking about being it this afternoon but my mower has me in a bad mood so I may pass.

Cold crashing with gelatin is the way to go! I normally ferment one week, cold crash one week, the rack to a keg with gelatin and hit it with 15 psi for a week. Works for my low gravity beers. They are always clear as a bell

I decided to go ahead and brew! Firing up my strike water now.

Nice, how 'a the brew day. I have a great paulaner clone recipe. It actually almost took me to GABF in a pro am contest. Placed in a best of show at old hickory in NC. I'm trying to brew Saturday. I'm on a tripel quest.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397792026.014690.jpg
Brew day went well. My neighbor came over and helped. Mainly helped drink my homebrew lol

I did 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary with dry hop. Gonna cold crash with gelatin for about a week then rack to a keg and hit it with the gas for a few days.

Think I'll be brewing Sunday. The honey-do list has to be completed on Saturday. That beer looks great Royal. I'm gonna have to come over one of these days.

I order two shanks for the kegerator that will be in today. I'm going to install them today and add two more taps soon!

It took me about 20 minutes to install two taps. Pretty easy. I marked the holes on the inside and drilled a pilot hole all the at thru. Then used a step bit to make the hole. I used a steak knife to remove the foam. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397861973.102576.jpg

Nice! Looks like a nice collection of ribbons too.

I have a pale ale on tap now but if my neighbor comes over again it will be empty! I have a blond cold crashing and a red in the primary. I'm hoping to get 4 on tap soon.

It's cool to have some local brewers. Maybe we all can get together for a beer tasting.

I was just thinking that. I have a wheat/kolsh'ush, a Swartz in Tap and I have a pale fermenting now.

Not sure when a good time would is. I have visitors next weekend, but free after that. Only problem is I'll probably just have the pale then.

That is awesome! Very similar to what I want to make soon.

I've been working in it for a few months. Just hooked up the burners today, and wiring my pump. That kit looks real nice.

That's gonna be great to brew on. I sold my old 3 tier system and I'm regretting it now. At least I can come back bigger and better now. How much money do you have in it so far? Where did you buy the steel?

Well, it's not mine yet lol. Just browsing thru hbt until I find something I want to commit to. I'll look at that thread and may start once the kegerator is complete.

Cool. Let me know if you need help brewing in the new rig! I've never brewed with pumps before so it would be cool to see it in action.

That strut stand does look nice. I need to smooth edges on mine. I get little cuts on my hands every time I work on it. I might have went with that if I'd known when buying mine. Let me know if you need help. I learned a few lessons and you can reference mine if you need. I could have saved a bunch of money on casters. I spent way too much on those.

When I get my process down I'll have you over to brew. My co-worker is getting started so it'd be cool to
Have him over too.

Does anyone have a brew kettle they're looking to sell? I'm looking for something more suited for brewing. The 32 quart turkey fryer i'm using just takes forever and doesn't get a hard enough boil (I think) because it's so slim and tall. Looking for something in the 40-44 quart range.

royal, do you still have that temp controller? and did you still want to sell it?

I'm using the temp controller now. I have a 80 qt pot I may want to sell soon. I'm making a keggle but haven't cut it or installed the ball valve yet.

Sudndeth that sounds good. I would love to come over and brew sometime

Does anyone have a brew kettle they're looking to sell? I'm looking for something more suited for brewing. The 32 quart turkey fryer i'm using just takes forever and doesn't get a hard enough boil (I think) because it's so slim and tall. Looking for something in the 40-44 quart range.

royal, do you still have that temp controller? and did you still want to sell it?

If you are looking for a temp controller for a fridge or freezer you should build one with an STC-1000. I did that and all the parts cost me 40 bucks or less. it has the ability to heat and cool too! took me about 15-20 min to build it. hit me up if you need any help with it.

Back