Kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzourah2006

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm hoping someone can answer it.

My tap tower came with two female pieces on the tubing so you could easily attach to the coupler. The only issue is both female pieces are designed for standard keg couplers and I want to use it for homebrew.

So my question is how do I change the tubing to fit the homebrew coupler? Is there something I can buy that can be inserted into the tubing that will give me a female piece that fits the coupler?

Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm hoping someone can answer it.

My tap tower came with two female pieces on the tubing so you could easily attach to the coupler. The only issue is both female pieces are designed for standard keg couplers and I want to use it for homebrew.

So my question is how do I change the tubing to fit the homebrew coupler? Is there something I can buy that can be inserted into the tubing that will give me a female piece that fits the coupler?

Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

If you need one of these......

Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 5.07.56 PM.png

Just cut the hose and attach one, that's what I did.

Yes that is pretty much my exact coupler. I cut the hose and tried to attach it. The hose will not fully fit around the coupler. It hangs off and I'm fairly certain that once I add pressure it will pop right off.

Buy some hose clamps. The kit I bought came with the clamps.

Buy some hose clamps. The kit I bought came with the clamps.

I have hose clamps. I can only get the coupler about a centimeter into the tubing, so the clamps would be about useless unless I can get a deeper connection.

Do you have any ideas as to how the stretch the tubing out so I can get a deeper connection? I tried sticking pliers in there and stretching the inner tubing and that worked to get where it is, but I can't get it any further up the coupler.

I have hose clamps. I can only get the coupler about a centimeter into the tubing, so the clamps would be about useless unless I can get a deeper connection.

Do you have any ideas as to how the stretch the tubing out so I can get a deeper connection? I tried sticking pliers in there and stretching the inner tubing and that worked to get where it is, but I can't get it any further up the coupler.

Try running hot water on the end of the tube for a minute.

Back