177 Bottles of Beer/Coke/Beer on the Wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porterguy

Reaction score
Been searching for 7oz. bottles without paying a fortune. SWIMBO only likes about a half a beer in the evening during the week. Also doesn't like many of my darker tastes, so I make some styles specifically for her.

Finally hit the jackpot when a friend told me about a Craigslist find. 177 of the old 6.5 oz. Coke bottles, for $40.:ban: Heck, the deposit alone is worth almost $18.:D I know, I know, they're clear. But better than half a beer left over.:mug:

Tell her u need to start kegging!
This

...or make a trip out to Chatoe Rogue in Independence, OR to pick up cases of Rogue XS Imperial Red in 7 oz bottles for $17 a case. If you choose the latter, try for next year's Hop Madness. Today I tapped my keg of fresh hopped monstrosity that I brewed out there over Labor Day. I'm going to have to be very disciplined in order to bring the promised growler of this to next week's brew club meeting.

Back