Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cape if you're willing to trade I need some 2-row. I think, I'm making a kolsch but I need to look at my recipe.

Ahhh let's trade grain?!?!.... Pound for pound? I'll look and see exactly what I have and what I need.

This is what I need.
I need 18 lbs of Pilsen malt (2-row)
and 1 lbs of Vienna malt

I have 40 lbs of Caramel Malt - 60L (Briess) I'm willing to trade all of this for what I need.

paulthenurse said:
What in the world made you go out and buy 40 pounds of crystal 60 at one time?

I always buy whole bags of uncrushed grain. It's cheaper and I thought I was going to brew more.

Yeah, but a full sack? I use, on average, about a pound of crystal malt (and not always 60L) per 5-gallon batch. How many batches are you doing? ;)

Got an IPA just comin' up to a boil now. I'm en fuego this weekend.

I dunno Dakota... Havin a tough time figuring what the hell i wpuld use that much 60 for

If you don't want to trade then don't. I use 60 in a lot of recipes. Do you want 10 lbs? I'll bring it and we can hammer out the details.

You're joining the South Shore club, aren't you? What about some of those huge brews they've got coming up, any of those need a ****-ton of C60?

The 099 is slowly working it's way thru the meal. One of the fermenters is down to 1.128 and the other is down to 1.120. Yeager stirred everything up, oxygenated and added the first of the maple syrup.

I vaguely remember that it slowly worked its way thru everything the last couple of times. I'd rather it does it slowly than blasts through in a week and produces a ton of fussel alcohols.

PTN

Well you are doing the exact same thing this year yeast-wise as you did for U1 right? I mean... how retahded would you have to be to go through all of that hassle with the MEGATUN and then gag on the fermentation??

I need to keep reminding myself that the sound that I keep hearing is the low spark of a high heeled boy.

You just don't learn, do you? Haven't you been embarrassed enough? First you questioned the Mega Tun, now you are questioning the fermentation? Hey Dum Dum, the stove is hot. You keep messing with it you're going to get burned.

Again.

Eeeeeeeeeeasy tough guy.... you got the tun to work. You don't have to waste the ENTIRE tube of KY congrat'ing yourself.

Just keep me posted on how fermentation is going.

At this point, I WANT you to go two-for-two. I don't want my share all eff'd up NOW.

... I just saying you would have to be kind of an idiot to make one dramatic change to a beer that came out perfect... never mind TWO.

Is this what I can expect to continue at the brew club meeting tomorrow night, a bunch of bickering back and forth? all kidding aside, I am looking forward to that tomorrow, so see ya all there

Well, ****ing dickwad here puts a link to this thread in the "Utopias" thread that goes to nowhere. You need Yeager to teach you how to use the computer?

EDIT: Responded in the wrong thread... yes, I see the irony.

the_bird said:
Well, ****ing dickwad here puts a link to this thread in the "Utopias" thread that goes to nowhere. You need Yeager to teach you how to use the computer?

I had to do a search to find it. At first I thought it was a joke but then Paul doesn't make good jokes.

Actually there are two batches. Last week one was at 1130 then i added the maple syrup which brought it to 1136. That one is down to 1120. The other one was at 1120 then the syrup brought it to 1126. That is now down to 1110. It's not dead just slow like the first one.

Back