Reading, Lancaster, Allentown PA area HOP BUY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milldoggy said:
Josh, if you need some hops to get you through, I have a bunch to pick from. Taking the brewery apart last night brought a tear to my eye.

Do you happen to have any Amarillo or Simcoe?

zimmer- Summit is almost identical to simcoe. I use it instead of Simcoe anymore due to the shortages.

TomRep said:
zimmer- Summit is almost identical to simcoe. I use it instead of Simcoe anymore due to the shortages.

Oh no ****? Thanks for the heads-up Tom! In that case, also put me down for a lb of Summit.

Have you ever had Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA? Do you think it would even work in a Double Simcoe clone?

Last time we did a hop buy and I used that summit, yes it would work fine. As long as this years crop is Yvette same, I think you'd be fine!
Tom

Hey Tom, put me down for :

1lb cascade
1lb summit
1lb magnum
1lb williamette
1lb crystal

thanks again

Tom,
Do you know when the next buy might be? Prob can't brew for a few months, but could use some hops.

If it will be like 6 months, put me down for the following.

1x cascade
1x apollo
1x tettnager

Any chance they have citra. I made a citra pale that is just amazing and want to redo it.

Sorry for the delay guys. Another busy weekend passes. Mike- I honestly have no idea when the next hop buy will be. I'm not even sure when or if I'm doing another grain buy, atleast not through NCM. They do not have Citra, however, I have some Citra leaf you can have if you want it. I'm not in to leaf anymore. It is an older crop (probably 2009 if I remember right), but smelled and seemed to be fine last I checked them. They have been frozen since I got them. I can check them again if you'd like. I know I bought a pound and only used maybe 4oz, so there is still a descent amount left. Like I said, you can have them, free of charge. Heck, even if they are no good, you can throw them in one of your crazy sours! Let me know.
tom

No, just had enough of them in general. I'm going to see what else I can find when the time comes. Today will be the last day for the hop buy to be open. Things seemed to have slowed enough that i don't think we'll have anymore takers. I will try to get our weights out to Blake tonight so I can get our complete quote.
tom

mn_brew said:
Anybody want to split a Northern Brewer and/or Apollo? Not sure I need a pound of both...

I will do that. I already have apollo on my order. Order the nb and we can split them and determine the price dif.

Great, thanks!

Tom, you heard the man, please add to my order:

1x - Northern Brewer

Milldoggy and I will be splitting the Apollo and NB.

I will bring my vacumm sealer and we can just split it up ourselves. I never used apollo, so I was not sure if I wanted a pound either. This works out well.

Everything should be updated. Check all your totals and make sure they are correct. I'm going to email Blake tomorrow to get our shipping totals. If anyone wants/needs to add something to their order, please let me know asap. Thanks!
tom

I got a reply back from the guy handling our buy at Crosby. Unfortunately, I think he may be new to the whole group buy thing. He gave me our total with shipping, but nothing broken down so I can get prices out to you guys. The good news is that everything we are ordering is in stock. I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get a picture of our actual invoice to get some prices out to you guys.
tom

So I got the invoice today and If I'm looking at it (on my phone) correctly, there is no shipping charge. I will take a look at it on my computer tonight when I get home to verify.
Tom

Okay, all the prices on the invoice are the prices listed on the first page, so no further discounts. However, with no shipping charges either, you guys can figure out your own totals. I am going to send him an e-mail just to verify the free shipping part. If he comes back and says it is correct, I will post so on here and you guys can start getting your money to me. He said he was going to package our order up awhile so when I pad it could go out asap. hopefully that will cut our week shipping time from the last buy down a day or two. As soon as I hear back from him, I will let you all know and post up my PayPal address.
tom

We do get charged shipping and he did not include it. I just got our new invoice with shipping. I will figure totals out tonight.
Tom

Alright it looks like shipping is going to be $65.93 for 66lbs of hops which makes it .998 cents, so we'll make it $1/pound for shipping. If your ordered three pounds, it'll be $3 for shipping. If you guys are okay with it, I'd rather you all figure out your own totals. My time schedule is cramped, so not sure when I could work on totals. As mentioned, all the prices for the hops are on the first page. If paying PayPal and using a credit card, please take in to accound any PayPal fees that may be applied to your payment. I believe the fees last time were 3% + $.30. You can look it up on PayPal to verify. If you need my PayPal address, please PM me. Thanks!
Tom
ps. PLEASE put your HBT user name in the "comment" section with your PayPal payment.

Back