What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems as good a thread as any for a first HBT post...

Biologist, working in an academic research lab. I specialize in cellular/molecular biology and biochemistry. Ever since I started brewing, my home started looking more and more like my lab.

Got my edumacation at Purdue, like others in this thread. Boiler up! :mug:

I am a meteorologist specializing in using measurements from scanning radars to improve global and small scale models of the atmosphere... Long and convoluted story but I used to be the guy that put forecasts out that captains of aircraft used to tell you "there is turbulence up ahead..."

I run a same day courier company. Was formerly an investment banker. Chemistry/biology background is minimum at best, engineering is non existent. I just like beer and playing with fire outside my company's warehouse.

Buyer- technically my title is "Inventory Analyst" but that title is too vague, basically i spend lots of money for a living.

Wish I could do this for a beer company!!!

GuldTuborg said:
Music librarian. Hmm, I seem to be a minority around here. :drunk:

As a music major also I took classes on reference restoration and cataloging as part of my graduate work though I was more focused on composition and theory. As posted above though I don't use my degree for my profession though I actively use my skills to teach freelance stringed and woodwind instruments.

Microbiologist. Its great, I have access to autoclaves, sterile environments, -80C freezers to store my yeast, tubes and glassware, stir plates and pretty much anything I could want.

Currenty chasing a BA degree in Crop Science and a minor in Ag Buisness. With a little luck I'll be farming full time and flying air tractors part time when im done.

With a BA in architectural drafting, a BA in graphic design, and an associates in advertising...I work at a friggin bank.

The wife, kids and I are moving to Phoenix in May though...hopefully I'll figure out what I wanna be when I grow up soon

Back