Breweries in D.C.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfkriege

Reaction score
I am going to DC in a bit and wanted to know if people had any recommendations of any breweries to visit while I am there.

Thanks,

Joshua

I was just there visiting a friend...didn't hit up any breweries (don't know if there are any) but the Galaxy Hut in Arlington, VA has quite kick ass beer selection...if you find yourself in that area, that is...

Yeah closest is taking the trek up to Frederick, MD to go to Flying Dog.

Unfortunately the Flying Dog brewery is closed to the public for renovations until sometime in April.

The other option is Clipper City in Baltimore. I've never been up there to tour, but their Heavy Seas Peg Leg Stout and Loose Cannon IPA are two of my favorite local brews. If you do head up to Baltimore, you HAVE to stop in at Max's Taphouse, it's an awesome beer bar in the Fells Point district.

You might be better off spending your time at RFD, which is a bar with a nice beer selection in DC near Chinatown, or make a visit to the Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church. There's also Capital City Brew Co, which has a location in DC and also in Shirlington. Their beers are good but nothing that's going to blow you away.

DC is pretty dry as far as actual breweries. Capital City Brewing is a pretty decent brewpub, and RFD is always a sure hit. There are a few brewpubs in the suburbs, but nothing to get excited about (in MD anyway, cant speak for VA).

I dunno, ive only been there once, and it was thursday at 430.... they said the crowd has died down to a manageable level.

That is good to know.

There were a lot of reviews that mentioned the crowds. They have a belgian or two on draft that I would really like to try.

Back