Compression Fittings Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I want to take 1/2" Soft Copper Tubing and make it connect to a Brass Quick Disconnect using Copper Compression Fittings -- can someone explain to me how to do compression fittings and what parts I'd Need?

If you're using a male QD that has 1/2" male NPT on it, you'd need a 1/2" tubing compression fitting with 1/2" female NPT. If you can't find that you can get the male version and connect them with a 1/2" NPT coupling.

I found all the compression fittings and QD adaptors that I needed at my local Ace Hardware. Go in there with a good drawing or photo of what you want to do and look for the "old guy" that works there. The old guy at my Ace store knows me by name and is expecting some homebrew the next time he sees me.

Yes, that's perfect for what you want. What's the application anyway? Is that for a sparge arm or something?

Jamil's Whirlpool Chiller arm -- want to be able to quick disconnect my pump tubing to it.

I'm stoked! Thanks Bobby! (BTW, Your Youtube Kegerator series was amazing a few weekends ago when I built my keezer -- thank you sir!)

Latest posts

Back