What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399066637.560371.jpg

A sample of Get to da Topper (Heady clone). Is the hop residue like this out of a keg normal? This is my first time kegging. It tastes delicious but obviously isn't fully carbed yet. I'm guessing it will just drop out?

Sent from the Bat Cave

Some fresh Gandhi after a homer haul.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399067178.701686.jpg

Coriolis and Gold Stock along with Gandhi.

These will be on some fellow HBTers' doorsteps soon.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399067239.152215.jpg

View attachment 197030

A sample of Get to da Topper (Heady clone). Is the hop residue like this out of a keg normal? This is my first time kegging. It tastes delicious but obviously isn't fully carbed yet. I'm guessing it will just drop out?

Sent from the Bat Cave

I like to call those flavor crystals! Mmmmm! The first few pints will probably have some and then again at the tail end, that is my experience. Especially when I dry hop in the keg using a 1gal paint strianer bag and some unwaxed dental floss to keep it suspended giving a way to yank it out if it you need/want.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399067865.802929.jpg

Brown Del Roble at Hops & Grain in Austin. Just dominated at some fusbol.

Had some free Lone Star and Austin Eastciders at a great BBQ spot for lunch. Long wait in line, but the free drinks helped.

A little of this...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399068030.843626.jpg
And then one of these
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399068082.532008.jpg
Bourbon was great...beer was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Gonna hurt Gandhi tonight

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399068594.995074.jpg

The craft beer scene is ridiculous. There were a few turds at NEBCO today. One started trying their beers and pulled out his pen and pad and started to swirl, sniff and rinse his mouth with every NEBCO brew he tried. Noted everything. Smart ass, too. If you've ever punched someone in the face, this was the same type of feeling I needed to complete my day.

Anyhow, as for dude #2, he is the self-proclaimed "craft beer guy, just craft beer." Doesn't brew, but critiques the **** out of beers like he knows a lot.

Just a few things I hate about the scene.

/rant

View attachment 197043

The craft beer scene is ridiculous. There were a few turds at NEBCO today. One started trying their beers and pulled out his pen and pad and started to swirl, sniff and rinse his mouth with every NEBCO brew he tried. Noted everything. Smart ass, too. If you've ever punched someone in the face, this was the same type of feeling I needed to complete my day.

Anyhow, as for dude #2, he is the self-proclaimed "craft beer guy, just craft beer." Doesn't brew, but critiques the **** out of beers like he knows a lot.

/rant

Does anybody care? :) should have told them to move along. Nobody likes a snobby beer dude!

Does anybody care? :) should have told them to move along. Nobody likes a snobby beer dude!

The best part was when he told everyone "I do untappd but I record the details first before I rate a beer."

A huge glass of cheapo Carlo Rossi wine. I need a big drink after an awful day and I also need another 4 liter fermenter.

View attachment 197043

/rant

I wish every craft drinker brewed. That would shut their little judgey asses up. :) The only one who gets a pass is Michael Jackson.

Sierra Nevade Nooner while trying to make the work day hurry up and end. I have a bottle share to go to tonight for our head brewer's birthday today so I will switch to water after this until then so I'm ready for the great beer and stogies that will be had.

More Gandhi. So ****ing fresh. Incredible.

Packing some stuff for a bunch of HBTers.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399070661.467230.jpg

View attachment 197043

/rant

I was at a beer festival once where a guy literally had a utility belt that held his sampling glass and notepad/pen. I watched him for a solid five minutes with a 4 oz sample. He smelled it for a minute, wrote like crazy, smelled again, wrote again, took a small taste, wrote again, and repeat the whole process. I mean I will smell my beer but I just love the smell of hops and beer in general. If someone asked for tasting notes from me they probably wouldn't get much. :p

Sent from the Bat Cave

I watched him for a solid five minutes with a 4 oz sample. He smelled it for a minute, wrote like crazy, smelled again, wrote again, took a small taste, wrote again, and repeat the whole process.

I don't have a utility belt, but this is pretty much what I do when I'm judging at a competition. People like Gordon Strong can get pretty much everything they want to write out of a single taste, but I have to focus on the individual characteristics (aroma, flavor, mouthfeel, etc.) one at a time if I'm going to give useful feedback.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399072817.567584.jpg
Decent bitterness, but no real aroma. Not that great.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399072902.366294.jpg

Pretty sweet. I think it's decent but probably not a buy again beer.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Listening to Slick Rick and about to grab another beer. The buzz is real. Very real. It's great. It's Friday!

Smacked. Really

NEBCO Gold Stock American Strong. Smack.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399074368.084359.jpg

Back