I'm no artist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfan

Nice Beaver....
Reaction score
But I just received my new Laserjet printer (thank God for tax write-offs) and I had to start working on a label. Since my dog chews any delivered packages to shreds unless I get to them first (something to do with the UPS guy not giving him biscuits anymore...) It was only natural to call it Bad Dog Brewing. Here's my first attempt at a label. Still needs work but I would like to hear what you think.

Red Head Ale Label.jpg

I think the picture should be in the center, and either move the name of the beer to the left side, or put it on the bottom and Bad Dog Brewing on the top. Otherwise it's good.

Thanks guys. I think I'll let my son do the next one, he's the artist in the family. Here is a second go and I do like this better. I'll have to get the camera out and get more pics of the troublemaker.

for those that are doing labels now, what weight paper are you using to print them on? I would think that the standard printer paper is too light to stand up.

Red Head Ale Label.jpg

I love the label! I was just using regular paper, but you're right- they probably don't really hold up well. I haven't labeled everything ( I used to, but it got to be too much of a pain) If you do a cardstock, that might not mold easily to the bottles. Sometime ago, someone mentioned they used plastic-coated labels (like shipping labels or something) from Avery. They liked them, but they were a bugger to get off when cleaning the bottle. I can't remember who that was, though.

Lorena

homebrewer_99 said:
The only thing about the label I don't like are the colors.

If you plan on printing a bunch of these out you need to concern yourself with the colors. You'll save (red) ink if your background is white.;)

That's a good point. Perhaps you could even tone down the saturation to still get a good red effect. Maybe even trim it. Just a suggestion though. Nice for a first cut!

Shine on you Crazy Diamond....

Thanks for the input everyone. I see what you mean about the red, but since this will be my first label ever, I want to have it stand out. The next will be a bit more toned down. I'm still playing a bit with several S/W packages to see what will work out best.

Back