11 days lager at 1.032

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Starting Gravity was 1.056 and it's a 5.5 gallon batch and I made a 4 quart starter. It's still bubbling away after 11 days, but at this rate primary fermentation is going to take two months.

Should I maybe shake up the carboy?

Well, that's what yeast does. It takes however long it takes. Aside from having to wait, there aren't any downsides to a slower fermentation.

I cannot fit a corny keg in a keg-o-rator in which I have a lager fermenting in a carboy!!!

Anyways, I am at the lower end of the temp range. I pitched cold too. The 11 days was the longest I went without taking an SG too.

I just have to accept the fact I will not have room to tap my keg in time to see the Bills get slaughtered on MNF Monday against the Patriots.

I checked today, and it's at 1.028. It was actually 1.030 yesterday. I guess this is just going to take a little while.

Well the yeast should be. Primary is going to take a friggin month. At the current rate I'm doing like .001 / day. Right now it's 1.026. TG is 1.013. That's still two more weeks assuming it doesn't slow even more.

At the current rate I'm doing like .001 / day. Right now it's 1.026. TG is 1.013. That's still two more weeks assuming it doesn't slow even more.

Sonds OK, then I would let it sit another week at least to finish, I mean it is a lager.;) Or maybe it's not, I'm confused.

Im using 2206 with my brown lager. Its slow as all get out also. Why cant lager yeast be faster dang it!?

Well today was the day I was supposed to have room in my kegger to tap my bitter for the Bills MNF game. Since it won't be done today, no point in rushing.

FYI, after 16 days lager has been 1.024 (3) straight days. I am going to pull it out for D-rest hoping that helps clean up the last few gravity points as well. If that doesn't work I'll pitch some Cooper's Brewing yeast. That's a pretty neurtal yeast.

FYI, after 16 days lager has been 1.024 (3) straight days. I am going to pull it out for D-rest hoping that helps clean up the last few gravity points as well. If that doesn't work I'll pitch some Cooper's Brewing yeast. That's a pretty neurtal yeast.

Two days at D-rest I'm halted at 1.018. Since that is in the target FG range (even though it's like 66% attenuation) I will assume I am correct to NOT pitch anymore yeast, crash cool and keg/lager.

Back