Dove curry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
Curry is the dominating flavor in this dish. Dove is a darker meat but the flavor isn't overwhelming. Recommendations?

IMG_31401.JPG

Looks nice, wipe the edge of the plate before your next photo op, that's the only recommendation I can think of, or did you mean something else? :)

<edit> ahhh I just got it, you're looking for a pairing recommendation.....eh I'd say something that will compliment the curry spice, so a spicey beer....a weizenbock or the something very hoppy to stand up to the curry flavour? the hint is in the forum name, doh!

that looks delicious...if you make your curries spicy as i do i would love a smooth dark beer. Maybe a porter or stout....dunkel. It just works well in my head...and where did you find dove?

Dove season opened Aug 1 and the doves stick around until the temps drop below 50F at night on a regular basis. I have a few in the freezer and I like curries so I thought, why not? Just looking for something good to pair with the curry. I like wine quite a bit but I don't think wines do well with curry.

As for wiping the plate - I have an hour for lunch and that's driving both ways and preparing lunch and I don't really have the time, especially since I eat alone. I was never much of a plate wiper anyway.

IMG_3132_2.JPG

No offense man, just I worked for years in restaurants so it's kinda a trade thing :)

In any case you need to back up the spice.....

Back