Is this normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefe73

Reaction score
All -

I just finished bottling my first Bavarian Hefe Weizen (NB Extract Kit) on Friday and upon inspection of the bottles today, I've noticed almost all of them have a large glob like object floating at the top. I take it this is just yeast that has clumped together and shouldn't be a problem...am I correct? I'm just looking for a little peace of mind that I haven't ruined this batch. :mug:

Thanks!

You got to witness what few of us have actually gotten to see (because we usually just bottle and stick them in the dark til they're ready instead of obsessively staring at them, :D), a mini krauzen in your bottle....Your yeast is normally fermenting your priming sugar in the bottle, just like the yeast does in the fermenter (remember ale yeast is top fermenting) it will fall down over the next 3 weeks as it carbs and conditions...

Take a picture...I've never actually seen one!

Back