So what ya drinkin right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MULE

Reaction score
I am having a Red Hook/Long Hammer IPA. It's pretty good. Not enough hops but more than a pale ale.

What's in your hand?

Yuri_Rage said:
Probably gonna crack a DFH 120. Enough hops...too much alcohol.
I found the DFH120 to be a bit sweet despite the hops. You like?

MULE said:
I found the DFH120 to be a bit sweet despite the hops. You like?
I've had one before and thought the same thing, but I was pretty drunk as I compared several IIPAs that night. I bought another just to make sure I remembered it correctly. I completely agree with you, but it's not a bad "dessert" for the evening.

I'm enjoying a pint of homebrewed Old Speckled Hen, from an AHS all-grain kit. It's quite good, wonderfully malty. I intend to try Orfy's version next, including the can of Lyle's Golden Syrup.

Yuri_Rage said:
I've had one before and thought the same thing, but I was pretty drunk as I compared several IIPAs that night. I bought another just to make sure I remembered it correctly. I completely agree with you, but it's not a bad "dessert" for the evening.
I have had it twice. The second time I tried it out of a snifter glass and enjoyed it bit more than the first time.

EDIT: Still too sweet though

I just slammed down a Carta Blanca Cerveza. Not too shaby.... next up, DFH90. Now I need a glass.

BigKahuna said:
Mountain Dew in Aluminum bottles...>I Sure hope I figure out how to get that dam paint off of them...They will be great for my Pirate Stout...I hope.
Just drop your car keys here in this bag and enjoy the night. :p

Drinking my American Rye ale. And E Dub (That's Evan Williams Bourbon). And Chartreuse. And coffee.

Today was a family party, so my father-in-law and I put a pretty good dent in the liquor cabinet.:tank:

I'm just havin a regular old guiness.

I've got a DFH 120 and a DFH WW Stout that I am too sissy to drink just yet. I've been trying to work myself up to them with lots of IIPA's, Imp. Stouts, Barley wines, and Strong Belgians. I think I'll try them on my upcoming B-day. Its gonna be happening. :ban:

I've been sipping on my prickly pear mead all night. I have had about four glasses of it so far. I plan on making more of it this summer.

Back