Looking for a 3bbl system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchcl640

Reaction score
I am starting a small scale brewery/grill. I plan on only doing 2 or 3 beers while still offering bud/coors etc. It will seat about 100 people. What size of system would be ideal. And what are some good companies that offer quality equipment for such systems. I looked into the sabco brew magic but not sure if it would be big enough. Any suggestions?

Ya got-a do some math...

What kind of traffic are you expecting and about how many of your beers would you serve each day?

You need to size it so you don't have to brew constantly just to keep up...

DPB

Psychobrew's turnkey systems are very nice, but their 3bbl system is a double-batch style which I'm not wild about. They do offer 100g kettles now, which is a step up, but I'm DIYing a basic 3bbl system myself right now and would rather have everything done to my spec in a way that I can continue to upgrade as I have the cash. Plus I know a lot of metal fabricators and have friends who can weld.

Depends on how much you want to spend, but for 3bbl from prominent manufacturers you're looking at "pilot" breweries. Premier stainless has a really nice system I'd buy in a heartbeat if I had the scratch, and Portland Kettleworks stuff looks fantastic, but I've never seen one in the wild- they're a fairly new company. Sort of somewhere in between Psychobrew and Premier Stainless by the looks of it. Stay away from brew-stuff.com, and I'm not a fan of Stout Tanks since their stuff isn't made here in the US.

How is this project going.
We have a 3bbl Stout system on order BK and HLT For these you can have a local guy build them to save money.
We use (7) 96 gallon Blichmann conicals,for conicals i would stick with factory made.

Back