Keg connection problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix066

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I added 2 reconditioned cornelius kegs (pepsi ones). On one of then, I have found my co2 connector won't click on the gas out post. If I hold it down with the gas on, it will fill the keg, but it pops off if I stop pushing down.

Does this mean the pin inside the post, is too tight or something?

Yes, it does sound like the pin inside the post, aka the poppet, is not depressing as far as it should. Disassemble the post and remove the poppet, then put it all back together. It's also possible that the poppet spring is too long and may need to be trimmed.

^ You really don't need to hold off fixing that post problem. Just depressurize the keg, remove the post, cover the port with a piece of plastic wrap or something while you sort out the post, then sanitize the post when you put it back in place.

No big deal to fix, and it'll make living with that batch a lot easier...

Cheers!

I had the exact same problem Monday with my liquid post when I was sanitizing my keg. The poppet was not seated right. I reseated it and it is working fine now.

I de-pressurised, pulled it apart, put it back together. I need to push down hard to get it to click, but its clicks and stays. Thanks for the help guys!

Back