fruity questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robs1642

Reaction score
i'm new to this. i just brewed my second batch.

i bottled a canadian ale. havent tasted it yet. im giving it two more weeks.

i just brewed a bavarian hefeweizen. i smelled great brewing it and i cant wait to taste it. seems like waiting is the hardest part

a few questions tho:
does adding fruit to beer really flavor it? seems like it would just rot and ruin the flavor.

i dont think i've ever tasted a fruity beer. are they good? does the general public like them? should i split my hefe in half an make some sort of fruity one?

and what does BMC stand for?

i myself don't really understand adding fruit to beers. to make a good fruit beer, you have to have a good beer to begin with, but why would you want to ruin a great hefeweizen by adding blueberries?? IMO, stick with straight beer, at least to begin with. once you have some really good recipes down, you can try and screw them up. ;)

fruit won't rot as long as it doesn't bring bacteria into the wort. it has fermentable sugars in it, so some of it will add flavor and some of it will turn into alcohol just like the rest of your wort.

that bavarian hefeweizen sounds great. if you can, ferment at below 70 degrees and you'll get the best taste out of it.

i understand how you feel, but waiting isn't difficult once you have a few batches lying around to drink. just don't rush it! your beer will come out much better if you take the time to let it age and condition.

BMC means "Budweiser, Miller, Coors" or "Beers that Make you Choke"

:mug:

fruit beer is the best........
they sell liquid flavoring at the online stores.

i did a blueberry hef and a magic hat#9 (apricot)

goto the store try a magic hat#9 and a sea dogs blueberry...

Back