Apple/peach wine: it be good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosh

Reaction score
Due to a wierd apple juice/peach/passion fruit cocktail being onsale in Costco I made a batch of it following the Apfelwein recipe (except for the juice substitution). After about a month in primary and about a week in bottles it already tasted great. Very champagne-ish with a nice tart taste and a good bit of mild peachiness that didn't overpower the generaly champagne-ish flavor. Didn't really taste any apple though. So if anyone wants to try something different using a mix of apple and peach juice or some kind of apple/peach juice cocktail gives some tasty results.

Nice strong kick too, probably a touch stronger than Apfelwein since the juice cocktail was disgustingly sweet when I started it up.

I just started a gallon of white grape peach-wine the other day, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I also noticed it being stronger - the OG of the white grape peach-wine is much higher than my apfelwine was with the same proportion of corn sugar added.

I did a couple white grape-peach wines and discovered that the peach really adds a ton of body to the wine, even after complete fermentation (I used the concentrate). I aged one for a few months to see how it would mature, but it didn't change much at all. From my notes:

4 months in bottle: The flavor was much like it was when it was first made, the alcohol is a little smoother though. This might benefit from carbing and serving within a month or two.

OG was 1.06, FG was .999, approx ABV 8%.

This is a quick swmbo pleaser :)

mike

Back