What movie do you quote most?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

HMFIC
Reaction score
Not as in when people talk about movies, but in everyday talking with people. Is there a line you use ofter after seeing it in a movie?

Mine has to be "Rat Farts." from the movie Cadyshack.

RAT FARTS!!!!!!!!!!!
bishop_caddyshack.jpg

For me it has to be goonies and joe dirt. There was a summer that was the only DVD we watched. I find myself quoting dirty joe in manners that relate to work to amuse myself and one other co worker.

Super Troopers...funny azz movie

Foster and Mac have pulled a man over for speeding and are deciding what game to play]
Mac: All right, how about "Cat Game?"
Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
Foster: Ten? Starting right 'meow?'
[Mac laughs - they walk up to the car, and Foster taps on the driver side]
Larry Johnson: Sorry about the...
Foster: All right meow. (1) Hand over your license and registration.
[the man hands him his license]
Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow. (2)
[Mac ticks off two fingers]
Larry Johnson: Sorry.
[the man laughs a little]
Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
Larry Johnson: Oh, no.
Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
[pause]
Foster: All right meow, (3) where were we?
Larry Johnson: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
Foster: Am I saying meow?
[Mac puts his hands up for the fourth one, but makes an "eehhh" facial expression, as he is considering the last one]
Larry Johnson: I thought...
Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, (4) do you know how fast you were going?
[man laughs]
Foster: Meow. (5) What is so damn funny?
Larry Johnson: I could have sworn you said meow.
Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?
[Mac is gut-busting laughing]
Foster: Am I drinking milk from a saucer?
[feigned anger]
Foster: Do you see me eating mice?
Foster: [Mac and the man are laughing their heads off now] You stop laughing right meow! (6)
Larry Johnson: [the man stops and swallows hard] Yes sir.
Foster: Meow, (7) I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. (8) It's the law.
[rips off the ticket and hands it to the man]
Foster: Not so funny meow, (9) is it?
Foster: [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows] Meow! (10)

Thorny: Who wants a moustache ride?
German Woman: I do, I do!
German Man: Oooh, I vant von too

This is not on topic but is "Rat farts" in the actual movie or just the TV version? I seem to remember that a lot of what that kid says is amazingly offensive and edited out for TV which is one reason Caddyshack kind of sucks on TV.

Anyways; to answer your question I love quoting Anchorman. Not actually watching it anymore, but just quoting it. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Other than that, and if anyone here has kids you know what I mean, but sometimes I find myself singing stupid songs from TV shows my son watches. Once they are in your head they are in your head and there is nothing that can be done...

African Queen

Ah, it's a great thing to have a lady aboard with clean habits. It sets the man a good example. A man alone, he gets to livin' like a hog. Ha, ha. -Humphrey Bogart

Edit

"Back off man, I'm a scientist"

As a scientist, I try to use that as often as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not on topic but is "Rat farts" in the actual movie or just the TV version? I seem to remember that a lot of what that kid says is amazingly offensive and edited out for TV which is one reason Caddyshack kind of sucks on TV.

Rat Farts is yelled by the Bishop in the very beginning of the movie as he is playing the best game of his life, then misses his last put. Yells Rat Farts, and is struck by lightning. It's an easily missed scene as it is the very beginning, but I seem to quote it all the time. Never seen a version with anything else said.....

I like your sleeves, They're real big...

Back in 82 I could throw a football a quarter mile..

Tis' just a flesh wound!

You don't own the water, its God's water.

I like em' french fried pataters, Mhm.

Mustard biscuits, Mhm

Not funny haha, funny queer.

I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody. Mhmm

I randomly start speaking like Forest Gump or Karl from Sling Blade pretty regularly.

This fruit paste is delicious, and the pottery is lovely.

SHHHHIIIIIKAKA!

Dumb and Dumber.

So you're saying I have a chance?!?! :D

Another one that isn't a movie, but it quoted all the time around our house is Ron White's skit from "Blue Collar Comedy Tour", to the point where Bob always says to me in a Ron White imitation, "I don't think so,...................Scooter".

Its the wizzard of Oz for me, Funny line that most miss, but I dont use it. When Dorithy firsts meets the Scarecrow and asks which way to go and the reply is " some go both ways" My son just caught it the last time we saw it and we laughed for a while, who knew.

Spinal Tap....I usually just say.."These go to 11"

Heres the dialogue..

"You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You’re on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder."

Oh and RIP Jim Marshall

Oh god. So many.

Better off Dead, Bagger Vance, Oh Brother where art thou, Monty Python, if it has a good one liner, I'll use it.

Spinal Tap....I usually just say.."These go to 11"

Heres the dialogue..

"You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You’re on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder."

Oh and RIP Jim Marshall

I think about 75% of my dialog with my college roommates was Spinal Tap quotes.

"Actually, as long as I got the sex and the drugs I could pretty much do without the Rock and Roll."

I think about 75% of my dialog with my college roommates was Spinal Tap quotes.

"Actually, as long as I got the sex and the drugs I could pretty much do without the Rock and Roll."

The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "**** Sandwich."

I often quote Dr Evil ... been told I do the voice fairly well too ... " toss me a bone here ... I'm the boss ... Need the info "

History of the World Part I.

"Sorry sir, I flunked flank." "You flunked flank!? Get the flunk out of here!!!"

"Roman RED! A whole field of whacky weed!" "Never to fear, we are now armed with Mighty Joint!"

"Do you care if it falls?" "What?" "The Roman Empire?" "Nah, F'it."

JeffoC6 said:
HAHAHAH!

"What's the bear dump situation like?"

"Oh we got a good one"

And I think I actually mis-quoted. I think he actually says "Bite the big one Uncle Roman."

Either way, great movie and easy to quote.

I have several. Lone Star State of Mind is up there on the list, if you don't know what that is...... "thats for me to know and for you to shut up your damn head!"

O' Brother Where Art Thou "Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent. "

So I Married and ax murderer "look at the size of that boys heeed, I'm not kiddin its like an orange on a toothpick!"

and probably my all time favorite Cool Hand Luke. I had an entire coversation via text with SWMBO one time replying with nothing but quotes from cool hand luke. Mind you, she has never seen the movie. Here's a few of the gems I got in: "I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself", "Well that oughta be easy for a genuine son of a *****", "I hope you ain't going to be a hard case", "Wish you'd stop bein' so good to me", and then of course by the time she was frustrated and asked me what the hell I was talking about I pulled out the coup de gras..... "What we got here is... failure to communicate"

It didn't seem to amuse her nearly as much as it did me :D

Wow, so many... Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, Fargo, Dr. Strangelove, Withnail & I, Dazed & Confused, Boogie Nights, sometimes I imagine a future in which I will speak ONLY in references. If my memory wasn't so poor, I might be able to. :confused:

Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

How could I forget the Big Lebowski!?!? good call. Thats it, thats goin in my signature

Even though I have a Lebowski avatar, I'm pretty sure I've quoted So I Married an Axe Murderer more.

Heed! Pants! Now!
Let's get pissed!
Scotland has its own martial arts. It's called F**kyeeou!
Give your mother a kiss or I'll kick your teeth in.
You screw this up, I'll kick your spaghetti-bending butt back to Milan!
My name is Jon Jonson, but everyone here calls me Vicky.

Even though I have a Lebowski avatar, I'm pretty sure I've quoted So I Married an Axe Murderer more.

Heed! Pants! Now!
Let's get pissed!
Scotland has its own martial arts. It's called F**kyeeou!
Give your mother a kiss or I'll kick your teeth in.
You screw this up, I'll kick your spaghetti-bending butt back to Milan!
My name is Jon Jonson, but everyone here calls me Vicky.

We have adopted a policy of watching classic movies with my kids.... you know to culture them up and all. everything from Some Like it Hot to So I married an Ax Murderer. The girls howled through the entire movie, now I have a 12 year old walking around in the morning shouting "HEED! PANTS! NOW!"

One more for me that I used to quote a lot, The Outlaw Josey Whales. "I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet. "

CreamyGoodness said:
History of the World Part I.

"Sorry sir, I flunked flank." "You flunked flank!? Get the flunk out of here!!!"

"Roman RED! A whole field of whacky weed!" "Never to fear, we are now armed with Mighty Joint!"

"Do you care if it falls?" "What?" "The Roman Empire?" "Nah, F'it."

Haha!
Where you from?
Ethiopia.
What part?
125th St.

We've flattened their fingers, we've branded their buns.
Nothing is working! Send in the nuns!

Where is the Garçon de P*ss?

Everything's so greeeeeeen!

Back