Zeus hop.....??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux11

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have not found a recipe calling for these but they have grown very well this year.
Noticed that there does not seem to be much yellow lupin in the cones. Still worth picking and drying?
Also does it help to get to know the hop flavor by making tea?

Thanks - jim

Zeus hops = Columbus = Tomahawk, so there are lots and lots of recipes out there!

When you crush them in your fingers, how do they smell? You should see the yellow lupulin glands, but if they are very aromatic they'll be great even if you don't see much yellow.

My Zeus hops are even more pungent than my cascades, they have a very nice citrusy smell to them.

Out of the 8 varieties I planted this year, Zeus (AKA "CTZ") was by far the most prolific.

I'm liking these high-alpha hops - less pest problems, more cones, use them at beginning of boil for bitterness, end of boil for aroma/flavor, and I may even try to dry hop with them.

Chinook is the other high-alpha I have growing, it's (exclusively) used in Stone's Arrogant Bastard, so I've read, so you can even dry hop with these high-alpha varieties.

Out of the 8 varieties I planted this year, Zeus (AKA "CTZ") was by far the most prolific.

I'm liking these high-alpha hops - less pest problems, more cones, use them at beginning of boil for bitterness, end of boil for aroma/flavor, and I may even try to dry hop with them.

Chinook is the other high-alpha I have growing, it's (exclusively) used in Stone's Arrogant Bastard, so I've read, so you can even dry hop with these high-alpha varieties.

+1 My CTZ plant is like Godzilla. Last year, my stupid neighbor pulled my whole plant off the fence in late june thinking it a was weed or something (thought he was doing me a favor). Anyway, it made a miraculous recovery and I was still able to harvest 3 lbs from her.

:( Mine never broke ground, I think I'm going to see if I can dig up my Rhizome and bring it back to life.

Back