The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are confusing where I live w Nantucket. I just dropped an oak by front door at insurance co "suggestion", looks like it'll make 2 cords in bole alone, shook the ground... & don't try this at home.

I'll miss that tree, but not next time we are on hurricane watch, even tied it off once, not something I need to be doing for storm prep, at this stage of life.

Do sandbars have trees?
Either way, buckle up. It's blowing here already but nothing like the forecast your way...

Cheers!

Deciding about tree canopy is one of those tougher decisions for me, and when asked for advice. The "breeze" can be pretty relentless here, trees can help a lot.

Also, when a tree canopy is broken up by cutting selected trees, it increases the chance the remaining ones will fall or get damaged, which kind of leads to an all or nothing situation. Sounds like you might have done that, which is wiser than leaving a few in stand standing alone.

When I first moved here the yard was a forest. Took down several dozen, including having a few folks tailing onto a rope at an early Masstoberfest helping me take down one of the last ones. That was fun but not as much fun as renting the excavator to dig up the stumps. THAT was a fun weekend!

Take out any utilities? Even w dig safe I get one now & then, but the DS# is get out of jail free card,.. usually.

It always goes straight to fat jokes...

Yes, I called Dig Safe. 30+ years ago I was building a spec house in Falmouth and called dig safe before we broke ground. Sometime later the excavating guy was running a trench to the box and took out half of East Falmouth when he got a little too close to where the underground line wasn’t supposed to be. Saved myself (or him) thousands in fines.

It always goes straight to fat jokes...

Yes, I called Dig Safe. 30+ years ago I was building a spec house in Falmouth and called dig safe before we broke ground. Sometime later the excavating guy was running a trench to the box and took out half of East Falmouth when he got a little too close to where the underground line wasn’t supposed to be. Saved myself (or him) thousands in fines.

No, you telegrammed Dig Safe.

God you’re old

Did get power to his grain mill tho

Sudbury_Wayside_Inn_Grist_Mill.jpeg

Doesn't all that overspill mess with brewhouse efficiency?

[PS I got married at the Wayside Inn one September and I remember the mosquitoes were intense]

Paul’s respirator is on back order.

Sweet Jesus... THREE Massachusetts colleges today... sending all the kids home... Harvard, Amherst, and Smith (out in western Mass... aka Inbredsville).

Great, they'll prolly send the healthy low symptom kids in collage home and us tired old parents get it.

Good to know there is a coherent plan in place.

Hope there is a refund on room, board & lab fees.

Great, they'll prolly send the healthy low symptom kids in collage home and us tired old parents get it.

Good to know there is a coherent plan in place.

puzzle_stapel-20bilder-6.jpg__800x600_q5_subject_location-400%2C301_subsampling-2.jpg

That's a collage. College is where you go to learn that if your parents didn't love you enough to make one with you

Gonna need those life insurance proceeds to pay next semester's tuition.

Poor things are SOL then...

That's a collage. College is where you go to learn that if your parents didn't love you enough to make one with you

Must be nice for you to know you can get a job as substitute teach when the money shell game jobs dry up... ;}

I guarantee you that the beer stein on the left is coming to my clinic tomorrow to tell me he Prosted someone who’s mother’s hairdresser drove past a Chinese restaurant that had all their chicken dishes 50% off, and thinks he needs to be tested.

Welcome to my world bitches.

Back