Logo Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
Probably get this a lot, but I am terrible with drawing, photoshop, and plainly just coming up with ideas. I am working on a new recipe for my father. He is a super picky guy when he drinks his beer, they must be really light and not much flavor. He drinks busch light! So he said he would buy all the stuff I would need to upgrade my system if I can make a beer that he actually likes. Well I am pretty sure that I got just the recipe for him and I came up with the name. Picky Rickety Crickett. (His nickname is crickett) He has a kegerator at home and I would like to make a tap handle for him and put his logo on it for his birthday. His birthday is next week and I cannot come up with anything creative any suggestions would be amazing!

First thing that comes to my mind. Maybe put a beer in his hand?

j-crickett.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very clever ideas guys! Well I already have a tap handle that looks kind of like
AAAACysokn8AAAAAAEgZ6w.jpg
and I wanted to just make a basic sticky label like you would for a beer and apply it to the top of the handle. I will see what I can do I really like the jimeny cricket with a beer in his hand. Then the name of the beer on top and bottom and on the sides right pale ale or something. Now just hopefully I can do it with photoshop!

80483709.png

A little grainy I know but I think it looks pretty cool. It could be sooo much better but I am not talented in that software. I wonder how hard it would be to cut out the umbrella so it looks like hes falling down drunk?

HBT Avatar? I actually got to thinking while messing around with this. It would be fun spin on things if you spelled it Dubbel, like a Belgian Dubbel. I guess that all depends on if you're into those kinds of beers. Anyhow, hopefully you can use this. I have fun tinkering around in photoshop with things like this.

jiminyCricket.jpg

Looks awesome! Thanks for the great idea. I like the idea of Dubbel! I have never brewed that type of beer but maybe I should try. Have a good AG recipe?

Never made a Dubbel, they are dark, strong, malty. Here is a recipe from Brewing Classic Styles. I'm sure it will turn out well if you make it.

Yield: 6 gallons
Color (SRM/EBC): 16.7/32.9
Bitterness (Calc): 23.3 IBU
BU/GU: 0.35
Calories: 213 (12 ounces)
ABV: 7.9%
OG: 1.066

9.50 pounds Pilsner (2 Row) Bel 79.2% of grist
1.00 pounds Munich Malt 8.3% of grist
0.50 pounds Aromatic Malt 4.2% of grist
0.50 pounds Caramunich Malt 4.2% of grist
0.50 pounds Special B Malt 4.2% of grist
0.75 pounds Dark Candi Sugar Syrup
0.50 pounds Cane Sugar
1.5 ounces of Tettnag @60 Minutes

Mash @ 149F for 90 minutes
Boil for 90 minutes
Pitch yeast at 64F and let the temperature rise slowly to 70F over the course of 1 week. When finished, carbonate to approx. 3-4 volumes and allow to lager for 1 month at 45-50F.
Yeast - White Labs Abbey Ale WLP 530 or Wyeast Trappist High Gravity 3787

Back