Side bt side fridge to kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
I can get a free perfectly good working side by side fridge. I was thinking of turning it into a kegerator.. I know of guys use the standard Horiztonal fridges.
I was wondering if there's any draw back to useing the side by side?
I know there's not as much room bu is there anything else..??

should I just wait and get a regular fridge?

Dude! It's free. If it doesn't work exactly like you want, I will at least work until you find something better. Imagine never having to bottle again....

I use a side by side, took the veggie drawers out, and two cornies fit nicely on the floor.

I really like the available vertical space to work in a side by side, and there's room above for bottles or other stuff. The door holds my 5 lb co2 tank perfectly. I use picnic taps.

You might want to measure first, but there's a likelihood that it will work out great.

I've currently got my first corny in my garage side by side, sitting nice and snug next to my 20lb air tank.

[/hijacked thread] :D

EDIT: My air is now sitting outside of my fridge after 30 seconds with a drill. I have lots-o-room in there now.

Thanks Guys..

Teh fridge is nicely waiting for me on my buddies deck under about 1 ft of snow.. Hopefully I'll have time to get it this weekend. Like everyone else I figure screw it it's free..

Back