New Keezer coffin lid, thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMooBrew

Reaction score
Hey Yall had some fun with google sketchup and got tired of SWMBO complaining that her car was going to get dinged with the taps in the garage, please let me know what you think. The idea is that there will be 4 kegs in the keezer at all times, and one tap will always be empty depending on what is available, the stout tap in the middle will be raised to make it easier to pour with out having to fiddle with tilting the glass in and out. this is built for the 7cf Holiday chest freezer at lowes.

I'm looking for ideas on wood type to use (prolly hardwood of some sort) i'll also need to pick tile for this as well.

CoffinKeezer.jpg

Based on the experience of having build a kegerater. I'd say it depends on what tools you have available.

If you have a good straight table saw you have more options to make stuff with plywood & more custom sizes.

I would avoid particle board and anything that can't stand a little bit of humidity. If you shouldn't put the wood in the bathroom don't use on the keezer.

My bar top is made of regular cheap 1/2" plywood doubled up for extra strength and the nicest 1/4" oak ply I could find for the bar top. The coffin part of made of 1/2 whitewood of various widths. My collar is 12" wide white wood too.

If I was to do it over again:

I'd use 3/4 and 1/2 oak plywood or real oak boards as much as possible. Structurally the soft wood is strong enough but it gets scuffed and dented too easily... But then again i'm the only one who notices them, everybody else is too busy picking their jaw up off the floor. :D

Latest posts

Back