New Holland new Hatter beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Found these three guys today. From looking on their site, it looks like there might be a smoked and a farmhouse version. Anyone had these or the others?

IMG_4739.JPG

A little late but I'll keep you from getting the cold shoulder. I used to live just a couple blocks away from New Holland and they would have 'Hatter Days' once a year with (as best I can recall) rye, oaked, imperial, farmhouse, black, smoked, and regular mad hatter. I want to say there was one more but can't remember it. I was a big fan of the oaked and liked the rye and black as well. Imperial is very good but not worth the money imo. Although it looks like the others are in bombers too now so I probably wouldn't buy more than one bomber of oaked (if anything) with the prices their bombers tend to carry.

Awesome to hear about the hatter days - sounds like it'd be fun. I was able to find the farmhouse locally too. I've sampled the Oaked and rye so far. I thought the rye was very solid. The oaked was ok - it's no Unearthly though. @ 5.99/bomber they were both solid form the price. I've had the double before but for the 16.99 I paid for a 4 pack I believe I paid it i agree it was a letdown. Hoping I can find the smoked at some point.

Bringing back the dead....

I was just at Hatter Days (15th annual) this past weekend at New Holland. I took the tour which was led by 2 of the brewers. We got to try all 5 Hatters. They just added a new one this year called the White Hatter. It is a Belgian Style White IPA. I enjoyed this one very much. It was my 2nd favorite out of the 5 (the Farmhouse Ale was MY favorite) - The White Hatter had subtle hints of peaches/apricots and the citrusy taste came out but wasnt overpowering. I would have this one again as well as the Farmhouse Hatter. The others were good, just not great IMO.

Oh God, now I have to dream about farmhouse hatter all afternoon as I work in the 95* heat.

Had some last summer at their restaurant and it was amazing

The farmhouse was one i liked most the others seemed average to me.Somewhat disapointed with most of what ive had from them so far-i maybe have had at least half of their stuff. The price is fair though.

Back