What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pretty different beer with the house yeast they're using on everything now. Still good, a little funkier tho. This one bottled in December, but still a bit tart.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391571026.703540.jpg

Funked up farmhouse pale with cool kid hops. Taking a dinner break before finishing up bottling. Hafta get up at five, tomorrow will have the sucks.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391571326.503495.jpg
Can read through this one. Brett has made it crystal clear.

Funked up farmhouse pale with cool kid hops. Taking a dinner break before finishing up bottling. Hafta get up at five, tomorrow will have the sucks.View attachment 177251
Can read through this one. Brett has made it crystal clear.

Sounds really good. With the exception of my blood orange/white peppercorn saison, my favorite saison I have brewed was a since/amarillo saison. I imagine it would have been way better bottled with brett

Pshaw. It's only been what, six weeks, eight at most? I'm sure that's just a little bacterial diacetyl and the brett will get around to cleaning it up.

Is there any bread/cereal/cheerio whatever you want to call it? I'm debating blending some younger beer tonight that still has that. It will kick back up in the bottle regardless, just not sure I want to age bottles until it goes away if I use beer that still has that character.

I hope so, if this gets a little funk in the nose I think it might be really nice. I did get a little hint of that cheerio note in one of the component beers that went into it this blend in early '12, but I'm not noticing it now. If it cleans itself up in a few months, I'll send you some.

I take back what I said about Ruthless, it just took me my third bottle til I got all that dankness/resin and all those other good things. I feel Im rediscovering it in this 3rd bottle now from the sixer (not in concession) Why the hell its not the same in each bottle-I have no idea. I noticed Im having in a pint also instead of a snifter which seems more odd.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391576862.336052.jpg

Old forge brewing Plowshare Porter. Pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Iced coffee. Supposed to be 68 here today. Wish I were brewing.

Do any of you enter competitions fairly frequently? I have a question or a favor to ask. It does involve drinking so I am right on par for this thread as it seems some people are no longer into the OT chatter. :(

Do any of you enter competitions fairly frequently? I have a question or a favor to ask. It does involve drinking so I am right on par for this thread as it seems some people are no longer into the OT chatter. :(

I try to enter local competitions than ship my beer out. I'm going to brew two next weekend for 2 pro-ams from local breweries. Soon. Whats your question?

Playing snow day! Showing my kegerator some love, will be putting a couple of fresh kegs in and kegging a belgian IPA and a RIS.:ban:
But then I can't forget shoveling heavy sloppy snow:(, Drinking more coffee.

My bad... I was a Lil Butt hurt over the SB... Let the emotions and beers get to me... I am prolly one of the worst ones for of topic... So I'll call myself a hypocrite... My apologizes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I try to enter local competitions than ship my beer out. I'm going to brew two next weekend for 2 pro-ams from local breweries. Soon. Whats your question?

Well, I have a porter that I think I want to enter. It's a vanilla bean bourbon oak porter. I'd like to get feedback from fellow brewers who have entered competitions. That's really all. Want a bottle?

My bad... I was a Lil Butt hurt over the SB... Let the emotions and beers get to me... I am prolly one of the worst ones for of topic... So I'll call myself a hypocrite... My apologizes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I don't recall who said something, I wasn't trying to be weird about not naming names, but I've noticed others have called out off topic chatter and I'm the worst about it. Out of sheer respect for the group, I just want to try and fly right and not piss others off.

Wish I could have a beer while working from home. I've lost most of one pine, half another fell, knocking down a few of my neighbor's trees and I'm now pumping water out of my basement. FML

Sent by a cellular communication device

Wish I could have a beer while working from home. I've lost most of one pine, half another fell, knocking down a few of my neighbor's trees and I'm now pumping water out of my basement. FML

Seriously? How'd the water get in? Basements here in Wake County or at least around the RTP (Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill) are rare because our dirt is mostly clay which doesn't wick water away. There are often basements which are open to the outside like a standard walkup, but one wall is sub-ground. Even those have moisture issues and such. I really wanted to buy this house with a basement but it was the only owner-occupied house on the block, the rest being rentals and that is tough for resale. Not to mention it had no backyard whatsoever.

More iced coffee.

On the coffee while logging in at work. As good as I felt last night I'm surprised I'm running full speed this morning

Seriously? How'd the water get in?

My basement is about 100% below grade with a couple small windows in window wells, it's coming in through one of them. I've got some drainage issues to work on in the spring, along with some downed tree cleanup...

That sucks. I hope the tree damage stops and you get that water out soon!

Thanks, the basement is unfinished luckily, so it won't be too bad. I guess.

My basement is about 100% below grade with a couple small windows in window wells, it's coming in through one of them. I've got some drainage issues to work on in the spring, along with some downed tree cleanup...

Thanks, the basement is unfinished luckily, so it won't be too bad. I guess.

Think of it as an excuse to make of it what you want it to be while cleaning up. A brewery perhaps, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the brewery.

Bender_Rodriguez.png

I kid I kid.

More coffee...schools closed today which sucks since that means the wife will not be getting paid for a day at the end of the school year while on maternity leave.
So f'ing done with this weather.

Meow meow

Back