What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inkleg said:
Sipping some Tequila.

Billy-Klubb said:
to-kill-ya. personal taste is a helluva thing, innit? hahahaha!!!

Shore is.

At the risk of echoing another,

Remmy said:
What's wrong with Tequila? During the winters, I sip añejos regularly. Love that stuff.

I do enjoy a nice slow snifter of anejo.

Billy-Klubb said:
it's the flavor for me. that & the last time I had it, I woke up in Canada chained to a goat wearing a wedding dress. and I looked good in a wedding dress.

Qhrumphf said:
Pics or it didn't happen :tank:

+1

Channel66 said:
I thought the goat wore the dress and you were in your birthday suit

:D

image-1827704798.jpg

My lastest IPA, Rye, Aye Captain! It's a Munich base with some rye, 2-row and Maris Otter for malt. Super Galena bittering, Amarillo flavor, Amarillo/Zythos aroma steep and Cascade/ Citra dry hops. Getting a lot more rye character than I expected to, very nice. This is probably my best IPA in quite some time.

20130721_195100.jpg

Actually it's an all-extract San Diego IPA. But it is the first one I've done in quite some time and it is housed in my new-built keezer. I'm using a picnic tap for now, but in due time I'll have two faucets coming out of the front..

mail.jpg

nukebrewer said:
My lastest IPA, Rye, Aye Captain! It's a Munich base with some rye, 2-row and Maris Otter for malt. Super Galena bittering, Amarillo flavor, Amarillo/Zythos aroma steep and Cascade/ Citra dry hops. Getting a lot more rye character than I expected to, very nice. This is probably my best IPA in quite some time.

Sounds like winner!
How much rye did you use?

Billy-Klubb said:
it's the flavor for me. that & the last time I had it, I woke up in Canada chained to a goat wearing a wedding dress. and I looked good in a wedding dress.

I too have some interesting post-tequila stories. Only happens when I drink it straight. I can drink margaritas with no problem. I drink one shot of tequila straight and a bottle later.................

WesleyS said:
I too have some interesting post-tequila stories. Only happens when I drink it straight. I can drink margaritas with no problem. I drink one shot of tequila straight and a bottle later.................

Strange. I have zero post-tequila stories. :D

just had a Pile-O-Dirt Porter from Crow Peak in Spearfish, SD. next up: Hay Maker from Mankato Brewery in Mankato, MN! thanks again NoKato! next time I pick up Crow Peak, I'll have enough for you & your wife!

nukebrewer said:
I only used 3/4#. Surprised I picked it up at all, but I'm not complaining, haha!

I used 1.75 lbs of rye in my RYEding the Storm Out and there's a nice rye spiciness. Very good! I'm starting to really like rye and will probably work it into another recipe soon.

coldcrash said:
Strange. I have zero post-tequila stories. :D

What's worse than drinking a s-load of tequila and doing something you don't remember?
Remembering everything!

I used 1.75 lbs of rye in my RYEding the Storm Out and there's a nice rye spiciness. Very good! I'm starting to really like rye and will probably work it into another recipe soon.

I used 2 pounds in my Mosaic Rye IPA, a/k/a "Something a Little Different". not very noticeable right now against the Mosaic.

Billy-Klubb said:
I get y'all in touch with my uncles. half of them are VW fiends for some reason.

Haha. Lmfao. At first I thought that said "half of them have vw fields..." Thinking about my old '72 311 sedan I had in college. Its out to pasture. Broke down once on the 6 hr drive to NWPA, and we stayed in a bnb that night. Nice folks but the old German dude--I think he was a vw engineer from Germany--ttold a story about the plant. "Ze engine wants to run like this. It needs to run like this. All zee time! It was built for perpetual motion! Max it out!!!"

And all I kept thinking was, sometimes I need to cut the ignition and take the keys in the house.

It was probably me. Still have a soft spot though. Vwerator sounds like a great idea!

Another pour of RYEding the Storm Out.

image-1735745144.jpg
Lesson learned. Never visit the keezer thinking you can pour without turning the light on. You may end up with more head than expected. It was alot worse before I took the picture and I had to quickly drink the superfluous head to keep it from overflowing.

Haha. Lmfao. At first I thought that said "half of them have vw fields..." Thinking about my old '72 311 sedan I had in college. Its out to pasture. Broke down once on the 6 hr drive to NWPA, and we stayed in a bnb that night. Nice folks but the old German dude--I think he was a vw engineer from the motherland--told a story about the plant. "Ze engine wants to run like this. It needs to run like this. All zee time! It was built for perpetual motion! Max it out!!!"

And all I kept thinking was, sometimes I need to cut the ignition and take the keys in the house.

It was probably me. Still have a soft spot though. Vwerator sounds like a great idea!
somewhat funny story. before my grandpa moved his family to South Dakota in the Mid '60's, they had a farm outside Alliance, NE. my dad started collecting cars from the '20s & '30s. my grandpa & oldest uncle thought my dad was wasting his time on old junk & hauled them out while my dad was in school & buried them in the sand dunes. so somewhere near Alliance, there's 5-6 old ashed cars buried in the sand. happy hunting!

Remmy said:
Nice. I have a Corrado. :rockin:

Yours the yellow & black rims rado I saw earlier? I like the black rims if so! I'm looking for some new shoes in black for my other project.

Just finished up bottling my first attempt at BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde (all grain version). The last bottle was only 2/3 full so I am drinking that. It is flat and sweet from the priming sugar but it I think it's gonna be a good one.

another funny story about my dad & uncles: in the late '60s, one of my uncles (Uncle Fuzz) was a cop in Wall, SD. my dad and a few of my other uncles thought it would be good times to drive up from Oral, SD & paint their dinosaur statue pink. they did. Fuzz knew who it was, but no one was ever charged.

First bottle from my skeeter pee that just got bottled. Used 1 gallon fresh squeezed lemon juice to 5 gallons water and 8 lbs sugar. Back sweetened with 2lbs of sugar. Way too easy to drink

ForumRunner_20130721_185420.png

Earlier: Stone Arrogant Bastard. The more of this stuff I drink, the more I like it! :mug:

Now: Deschutes Inversion. See above. :)

nextgenxx said:
Yours the yellow & black rims rado I saw earlier? I like the black rims if so! I'm looking for some new shoes in black for my other project.

Yes. VR6 turbo swap (360 whp) I did in my G60 shell. It still has G60 badges. :D

Cheers!

Drinking 32 oz. of water. Lame.

As much as I want to make Skeeter Pee, there's just too much cot damn sugar in that stuff! Holy shot!

Back