Rare Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaineriv

Reaction score
I understand (hopefully, incorrectly) that Westvleteren does not distribute to the US. Does anyone know the most economical way that one would go about getting Westy brews or any other extremely rare brews, for that matter? Surely, there is a trusted source somewhere in the States that keeps them on hand, even if they sell them for a premium. Maybe someone who's been in the same situation can help.

captaineriv

I hit the jackpot recently on Westy (Blue Cap) ata local Wegman's (of all places) and paid 6.99$ per. I wiped them out. I have had that and the Blonde (green cap) at a restaurant in PA and paid 18$ per.

belgianshop.com has them by the bottle or the case, but are very very expensive. They have a good selection of belgians if you're interested in others.

Good luck on your hunt...it's worth it when you find it.

Awesome. Expensive, yes. But it is good to know there is somewhere out there who has it if I get a wild hair... or have a few too many and decide to go on an online beer raid.

captaineriv

Back