First AG Batch started!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
Nailed the protien rest temps (122), held perfectly for the req time. Sacc rest was a little high, I was shooting for 150 but ended up 160 for about 15 or so mins before I could cool it off enough. Heating up mash out water now. :ban:

Nicely done. Mash temps being high for a short time shouldn't hurt I don't think, so long as you don't go over about 168 and start extracting tannins from the husks... so you're golden, nicely done. Let us know how your efficiency comes out! :)

ok started the fly sparge, i'm a little worried. i'm getting two different reading on my thermometers. 10 deg different. i'm going with the digital one. :drunk:

I'll spare you the gory details, but needless to say it was a disaster! My wort ended up all over the porch. Right before I was going to take my OG, it tipped. It would have been nice to take that reading so I could at least see how my process was doing. I will however, make a slight adjustment to my equipment setup. (mental note to self, need a better foundation). Lesson learned, darn gravity will get you every time. I'll try again next weekend, anybody know how long I can keep my starter active? I guess I could always start another one on Wednesday. :eek:

I too had issue on my first AG brew day. And like you it was on Saturday. I didn't lose my wort like you did, and in your beer's honor I shall hoist one in his memory.

Latest posts

Back