Shopping List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
OHHHHhhhh man, heading to Amsterdam on Friday and going to a big brew store there. They have all the malts/hops I could desire. I got to put together a shopping list. I want to buy enough stuff to mix up my recipes, few different styles. Any suggestions welcome. Here's what I'm thinking:

25kg of pale malt.
5kg vienna
5kg munich
5kg caramalt
10kg wheat malt
2kg chocolate
2kg black.
1kg caramel 120
1kg amber

They have something called Whiskymout, I'm guessing Whiskymalt, not sure what that is. Its all in whatever language they speak in the netherlands on their website. Any ideas what this is? Its got some varieties: Maisvlokken, Roggevlokken, Gerstevlokken, Rijstvlokken and its in the malt section.

902317.jpg

Not sure what caramels to get.

VERY unsure about hops, I don't feel like I know them enough yet. I know for sure:

250gram hallartauer
250gram cascade

Also getting a cheapo malt-mill: 57Eu, about $80
http://www.wijnmaken.nl/catalog/moutmolengraanmolen-p-718.html

WOOOO, might have to have a taste test of some of the hops cousins while I'm there as well ;)

If you decide to go with a lighter crisper brew, I'd stock up on some British Pale (2-Row Crisp) and some flaked wheat. Ya never know when the mood for a wit will hit you.

I have checked, they are all at least 1.5 hours from me and I've tried to find a few, no luck. Even with a GPS. Since my wife and I were already planning on Amsterdam Friday I checked online and found that brew store.

Its in Netherlands and they speak dutch. I've found a nice translater on the web though and have words for hops, malt, rice, rye, corn, wheat and oats.

Back