Problem with airlock.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russb123

Reaction score
So, I finished my brew this morning. I pitched my yeast, secured the lid and put the airlock on. I had filled my airlock with vodka, because I read that it was a good option to use for sanitation.

The problem I had is that when I picked up the pail the airlock drained into the bucket :( Is some vodka in my primary going to wreck my brew? The brew I made is a sam adam's ale clone.

So, I finished my brew this morning. I pitched my yeast, secured the lid and put the airlock on. I had filled my airlock with vodka, because I read that it was a good option to use for sanitation.

The problem I had is that when I picked up the pail the airlock drained into the bucket :( Is some vodka in my primary going to wreck my brew? The brew I made is a sam adam's ale clone.

No it will be perfectly fine. A little vodka in the beer is a good thing.;)

Are you asking "is adding alcohol to my beer gonna ruin it?" :ban: j/k

You'll be fine. just refill it and carry on. That is one of the reasons for using vodka, not water.
Now you have a shot of sanitary vodka in you beer, not a shot of unsanitary water!

Back