Beer & Memorial Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
So whats is everyones plans. I myself am cracking into my amber summber beer. Being memorial day I thinking of family when we didnt have alot of money so we drank cheap beer. the cases of schaefer light & crabs, & burgers & hot dogs. Hope every one has a good memorial day

yeah yeah i know its early on tuesday, but i was thinking

If I don't have too many family gathering obligations, I might brew (and drink, of course).

hopefully get a gathering together of friends w/kids, and get down to maybe matthews beach here in seattle - picnic, water, toddlers running around being silly, and of course, beer and wine. Of course, being Seattle, it'll probably rain. :ban:

I'm hoping that my order from AHS comes before this weekend so that I can at least brew something. We're having a little bbq thing Friday night (I'm thinking burgers and IPA are a good match). Other than that, SWMBO wants to go to Disneyland. :shrugs:

Memorial Day itself will be my relaxation day- Graduation is the day before, my daughter's grad party is on Saturday, and my out of town guests begin arriving tomorrow night. I have 7 extra overnight guests, and many friends coming. But, everyone is leaving before noon on Monday! So, that will be my day to sit and drink and relax!

Family BBQ on Sunday. Trying to get that pool warmed up in time.

Charging a Belgian Wit and the 2nd keg of Cream Ale for the upstairs taps.

Chilling some bottles of Rye Not (Oak Aged) IPA and some of my RIS to have a little sampling with my BIL's.

Debuting my Caramel Kolsch (An oops that seems to have turned out pretty good !), and BBQing with a few close friends. And, of course, having a few shots in memorial of the friends that couldn't be here !

If the ingredients get here by then I'm planning on BeirMuncher's Centennial Blonde 10 gal batch. I'm out of light stuff to drink in the kegorator, going through my last few bottles of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale. Cheers!

Camping with friends- prolly seven couples in all, plus their kids. Taking along my coolerator with a keg of Fat Squirrel clone. When that kicks, I'll either drink Old-Fashioneds, rum or start stealing everyone else's BMC.

I wish I was brewing but I'll have to settle with just trying to get my new brew room organized. Maybe next weekend. But drinking beer none the less.

I am going to party down with about 40 of my closest friends and a huge keg of miller lite. You may think I am joking, but really there will be a huge keg of miller lite there.

BBQ - Featuring my take on Dead Guy, a homebrewed ESB and prb some Pikeland Pils for those who partake in fizzy yellow.

Since I've managed to almost run out of homebrews, I'll be brewing up a new pale ale and then tasting as meny new-to-me micros as possible with some friends Sunday night.

I will be brewing a British Mild and if I get going early enough I may brew an IPA. I am definately gonna enjoy some brews and make some more! If I get done with that I might get motivated to work around the house but my motivation is easily influenced by alcohol. :drunk:

Camping with a group of friends. Drinking homebrew till it runs out, then whisky, then PBR. It is 3 days long...

I will be hangin out in Lago [ame="http://maps.google.com/?q=1300+Gold+Ln.,Lago+Vista+TX+78645+US&ie=UTF8&ll=30.420016,-98.02989&spn=0.009807,0.009141&z=16&iwloc=addr"]Vista[/ame]

and I will be floating in the water on Lake Travis and drinking beer.. just like this....
176028295_504feaa3e4_o.jpg

:)

Looking forward to drinking a few beers and seeing some friends. My buddy Jeremy will be up from Arkansas. He just got back from Qatar. He's bringing some Sammy Hagar Cabo Wabo and expects to get me drunk on some Waboritas, while I'm hoping he enjoys my beer enough to want to take some home.

Oh, and my house remodel and garage build that needs attention... Sucks to have stuff to do!

I will be hangin out in Lago Vista and I will be floating in the water on Lake Travis and drinking beer...
Man, tgrier, that looks like livin'!:mug:

I have a Dubbel and Weizenbock on tap and I just kegged an Amarillo IPA and an Alaskan Red Ale clone. The red ale might be ready to sample by the weekend, but the IPA needs to condition some.

I finally finished 99% of our bathroom redo, so I can now get back to brewing! Saturday morning I'll be getting up just as the sun rises and brewing a Dortmunder Export Lager. I brewed it a couple of years ago and it turned out great. I was shooting for Great Lakes Brewing's Dortmunder Gold and came pretty close. In fact, I have some on hand to sample at the end of my brew session! It makes for a good summer drinker.

The rest of Saturday & Sunday I'm doing simple house chores. Monday, SWMBO is off and we'll be smoking ribs, grilling burgers & brats and enjoying homebrew, of course!:D

I have a four day weekend Fri-Mon. Will be brewing one of the days and not sure on the rest.

Hoping to get the Wee Heavy bottled at some point. The weekend will have a German flair since I have Apfelwein and an Alt that both taste awesome right now. Will likely partake in conjunction with a hockey game or two since our minor league team (Cincy Cyclones) are in the ECHL finals...and games 1 and 2 are here.

OK, it's official.

I'm brewing on Sunday! Whoo Hoo!

15 gallons of Dude's Lake Walk Pale Ale. The original with Simcoe, Amarillo, & Centennial.

It's the inaugural beer of my new 20 gallon Blingmann too. It looks like Yuri may be coming to the Ranch to help out and take 5 gallons back to San Antonio with him.

Drinking, but no brewing.

On Monday, I plan to fire up the smoker, put on some pork ribs, baste, and enjoy a Partagas and an 8-8-8 RIS. In my mind, that RIS is a great beer to enjoy with a cigar. This weekend, I'll test that idea.

Latest posts

Back