Global Warming? Crazy weather here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willy Boner

Reaction score
:mug: One week ago, it was 80 degrees, this morning I wake up and it is 32 degrees and snowing. This does not happen in Western Oregon. We are only a couple of weeks from putting in our gardens. Got about an 1 or so on the Willamette Valley floor. Oh well, time to throw snow balls!:ban: :mug:

Yes it does! One of my neighbors said they got a foot of snow in late April back in the '50's. I have been tracking the weather since I moved here and just about every month the last two years has seen highs way above average and lows way below average. So far this month, the high was 18F above the average high and the low 7F below the average low ...

Both on the same day!

A little snow in the Cascades today.

img_1494.jpg

We missed out on the snow last night by a few miles. But it's only 37 degrees out this morning. I'd really like some sun right now for my hops, looks like the weather will be better toward the middle/end of next week.

It is very rarely possible to attribute an individual weather event to climate change. Chances are that what you are observing could have happened anyway, but climate change may be making this type of event more (or less) likely to occur. It will be a few more decades until truly novel weather events due to shifting climatic envelopes will become widespread.

ArcaneXor said:
It is very rarely possible to attribute an individual weather event to climate change. Chances are that what you are observing could have happened anyway, but climate change may be making this type of event more (or less) likely to occur. It will be a few more decades until truly novel weather events due to shifting climatic envelopes will become widespread.
Or maybe centurys, I wasn't being serious but the polar bears that are training for the Olympics may disagree!:D

Back