Hop Project 90% done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foonder

Reaction score
I FINALLY got 2 of my 4 plants in the ground and I have half of my hop growing area mulched over. I also almost completed construction on my 2nd hop growing trellis net PVC contraption.

One of my Chinook plants:
chinook1mulchit6.jpg

The other Chinook plant:
chinook2mulch2fq1.jpg

My hop growing area:
hopgrowingareavd7.jpg

I built / anchored the back pipes & net today. I also had to remove a goddamn 65 lb rock from the ground that was in the way. Goddamn rock.

Hops are on the way WOOT :ban:

Looks pretty nice but I have to say hops seem to prefer a single twine from ground to about 18'. You can put two for each plant and train several bines to each twine. They will climb right up the twine without any problem.

Craig

Hops seem to grow best if given twine and they can grow straight up. My main hop bed is twine up to the eves of the house. However, in two other beds I use them as a natural fence and they are growing in and out of chain link and welded wire fencing.

I once saw a house in Denver, in a warehouse area and the owner had the house covered in hops and morning glorys. Both growing in chicken wire. No water with plenty of dust.

In the wild they are growing on the ground or what ever they can attatch themselves to.
Hopboy

Back