Speise Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pommy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a nice easy to use metric calculator or have a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of speise required to prime my brews? I was intending to freeze some unfermented wort then boil and add to the bottling bucket at bottling time.

Cheers
:mug:

Not sure, but theoretically you could measure your gravity and not have to add ANYTHING. Just bottle when the residual sugars are just enough to achieve proper carbonation. It's a risky venture, though. I'm sure someone much smarter than I could chime in on the wort addition for priming, or you could figure it out with the right combination of brewing calculators. Actually, I think I saw a table in a book on the different methods and amounts for priming. Hold on.

Braukaiser has some info on that, I wouldn't necessarily call it easy, but the formulae are there for you to plug into a spreadsheet. Go here for the info, the rest of the website is pretty interesting too.

Thanks for the replies, nice little too there logdrum, have you used it before? how well does it work? Braukaiser is an absolute legend in my book and I've read quite a bit of his work. I'll have to have a sit down and put together a spreadsheet to get a good accurate one put together, need to get my scientist cap on to even get started :)

Back