How many force carbs out of a 20#

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember right, back when I had a 5# I could get 4-6 carbs and dispenses. So...maybe around 20 force carbs and dispenses? 2.4 volumes to carb and, uh, maybe another 2.5 to dispense, so if you aren't dispensing then maybe 40 force carbs alone?

I have a 20# tank for my keezer - we brew 20 gallons per month and I not only force carb and serve all of that off of a 20# tank, but also ferment in corny kegs and use CO2 to jumper beer from fermenter to serving keg. That being said a 20# tank lasts me about 9 months before I need to refill.

I brew 20-25 gallons a month as well, force carbing all of it to 2.4 volumes. I also pressurize and dispense sanitizer from a corny, and I've been told that I'm liberal with CO2 purging. My 20 pound tank lasts about six months, so I get carb and serve for 27 batches give or take.

That is, unless I get a slow leak from a loose hose clamp. That's happened to me more times than I care to admit.

I brew 20-25 gallons a month as well, force carbing all of it to 2.4 volumes. I also pressurize and dispense sanitizer from a corny, and I've been told that I'm liberal with CO2 purging. My 20 pound tank lasts about six months, so I get carb and serve for 27 batches give or take.

That is, unless I get a slow leak from a loose hose clamp. That's happened to me more times than I care to admit.

No kidding, I swear I lose 2x as much CO2 to leaking connections or a not-quite-properly sealed lid than I actually use in dispensing and carbing....:drunk: Oh well, it's still pretty darn cheap.

Back