Brew Day Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarson83

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of these posts but I just wanted to share the one I put together and make it available for others to use. It may be a little too complicated but I just like to mess with this stuff. Let me know what you think and if there is anything you think I should add.

View attachment Brew_Sheet.zip

Nice j. I have been dying to figure out lookups in Xspell. That is the last piece of the puzzle for my spreadsheet. Good job. Not sure what else you'd want though.

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot... got it going. That's a helluva sheet you got there! You fill out a new one for each brew? Damn that's organization right there... I gotta get better at that stuff...

omniscientomar said:
Oh yeah, I'm an idiot... got it going. That's a helluva sheet you got there! You fill out a new one for each brew? Damn that's organization right there... I gotta get better at that stuff...

Yeah, thats how I do my recipes (or steal them). Then I put my gravity, temps, check list (a must have) in as I go on the laptop. If I miss a hop schedule I can adjust it on the fly and if I miss my mash efficiencyis lower I always keep a little DME on hand to make up for it.

Dude said:
This is really nice. I love the embedded tabs.

I like yours, but I like mine too--do you mind if I swipe a few of the formulas?

Go for it, thats why I posted it. I'd love to have a copy of yours if you care to share.

A brewsheet swap would be a great thread if you could attach files to responses in this forum. I like making my own recipe formulator thingy rather than using promash and others because you really know how adjusting the recipe, techniques and timing effects everything else. And I'm sure a lot of other people hear have put a lot of thought into theirs that could be shared to help the rest of us.

Search for christmas in september or somethign like that--a link is hosted on my cox website with the sheet.

I really like yours!

I'm not very good at excel so I struggled along when I created it.

Walker and orfy have really, really good ones too...don't know the links though.

Back