New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks tasty
Ta.

It was great fun to brew, and probably my favourite homebrewed IPA in the last year or so. I ended up a little shorter on volume than I'd hoped (14oz of hops probably to blame for that) and I reckon some would want maybe another 10 IBU but for me it's pretty much perfect. I'll share a recipe once I get some time.

20240131_181038.jpg

7 day turn around with lutra. A quick and dirty stout to fill the lines until my next brew day. Too clean, as to be expected, very roasty. On the dry stout spectrum 5.3%

Too-warm, too-gassy sample of Steppe Brother imperial stout, from the fermenting keg. It's at 66 degrees. Trying to figure out whether it's done fermenting.

Really wild. Like a chocolate milkshake with a shot of vodka hidden in it somewhere. The yeast taste is gone. Delicious. My wife doesn't like beer much, but I gave her a little, and she was pretty slow to hand the glass back.

You wouldn't think imperial stout was the way to get a beginner into beer.

24 02 02 steppe brothers stout warm sample small.jpg

WC IIPA again.

An absolute triumph, and somehow one of the clearest beers I've ever brewed despite nearly a full pound of hops going in a batch that only yielded 16L keg volume.

PXL-20240206-192928700-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Intending to bring a couple of bottles to my local homebrew club on the 25th but concerned there won't be any left by that point!

I'm just using a derivative of the "clone-ish" recipe found in the HBT thread here. I live close enough to Charlton to "know" that beer and it gets close enough for me - and I don't have to drive to Charlton :)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back