keg connection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a two keg kit with a taprite regulator..... The kegs arrived a couple weeks after ordering dirty inside/out and smelling of soda so their claim to clean the kegs before shipping is false. .....Cleaning the kegs wasn't a big deal to me. I would have cleaned them again before using them even if they didn't smell of soda.

great customer service if you are patient. They will make it right if you let them know you're not happy. Will definitely order again. I sugest if your not happy, call Ben, great guy to work with.

You guys are both missing the point (IMO).

1. I clean the kegs before using them, but they use a caustic cleaner which does a better job upfront. That leaves you to use your non-caustic cleaners as a home brew keg jockey. If they advertise they clean the kegs, they should clean them... period.

Are you actually sure they were not cleaned. They should smell like sweet soda when cleaned, but should have a clear liquid in the bottom. If they had a black liquid, they weren't cleaned.

2. I sort of agree with this, but my experience with Ben was... wait for it... unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls. I had specific questions that weren't getting answered for over a week. However, Todd stepped up to the plate and helped me out big time.

I still disagree that good customer service = the customer waiting over 1 week for a reply. Or the customer having to let the company know how they screwed up and ask for compensation of some sort.

Personally - I don't have the energy to make those phone calls and play chase.

Are you actually sure they were not cleaned. They should smell like sweet soda when cleaned, but should have a clear liquid in the bottom. If they had a black liquid, they weren't cleaned.

Oh ok. That explains the sprite smell.

I tasted fine though. :D

I got a 2 keg 2 tap 3in stainless tower from KegCowboy.
Finally had time to get it in and get the co2 tank filled(more of a chore than I planned. Looks great and fits the design perfectly.
Great bang for my buck.

image-2579588211.jpg

Finally had time to get it in and get the co2 tank filled(more of a chore than I planned. Looks great and fits the design perfectly.
Great bang for my buck.

You should mount your tank vertically. Having it sideways like that can potentially destroy your regulator.

called today and got Ben. said he was at lunch and that i should email him at the general customer service address and he'd respond as soon as he got off lunch.

the clock began ticket at 1:57 eastern.

Great bang for my buck.

Sounds good but this thread is about Kegconnections.

I'll share my experience as well. I bought a 2 Keg Keezer kit from them. The kit came quickly and price was very good. Unfortunately it arrived with a damaged low pressure gauge. I called and spoke with Todd and he explained they get damaged in transport frequently and sent me a new one with teflon tape already wrapped on it. I replaced it and got the first keg hooked up andit worked great. When I hooked up the second keg I had a gas leak that I couldn't figure out at first. Spoke with Todd again who told me about spaying with starsans which showed it was leaking at the clamp to the QD. replaced that with a screw clamp but still had a leak. Upon inspection I noticed the QD itself was faulty from production where the built in gasket was a "U" instead of an "O". I sent them a pic of the faulty one and they said they would send me out a new one USPS 1st class but it didn't arrive for about a week so I called back and they appoligized and sent one out UPS with atracking number. It arrived quickly and worked perfectly.

Bottom line is when buying online sometimes things happen and that's where you need customer service. I find KegConnections very responsive and willing to correct any problems you might have so I would give them a big thumbs up!!

Sounds good but this thread is about Kegconnections.

I'll share my experience as well. I bought a 2 Keg Keezer kit from them. The kit came quickly and price was very good. Unfortunately it arrived with a damaged low pressure gauge. I called and spoke with Todd and he explained they get damaged in transport frequently and sent me a new one with teflon tape already wrapped on it. I replaced it and got the first keg hooked up andit worked great. When I hooked up the second keg I had a gas leak that I couldn't figure out at first. Spoke with Todd again who told me about spaying with starsans which showed it was leaking at the clamp to the QD. replaced that with a screw clamp but still had a leak. Upon inspection I noticed the QD itself was faulty from production where the built in gasket was a "U" instead of an "O". I sent them a pic of the faulty one and they said they would send me out a new one USPS 1st class but it didn't arrive for about a week so I called back and they appoligized and sent one out UPS with atracking number. It arrived quickly and worked perfectly.

Bottom line is when buying online sometimes things happen and that's where you need customer service. I find KegConnections very responsive and willing to correct any problems you might have so I would give them a big thumbs up!!

You are easy to please.

You received a broken item... ok they fix it... (Still think... they should pack it right the first time). If a lot of them break, review your packing procedures and improve them.

Then you had to trouble shoot for an item that left their warehouse unchecked. They indicated they were going to ship a replacement... they didn't. You had to hand hold, then check up again with a follow up call to get your part.

Great customer service?! Hardly. Great customer service would have been getting it right the first time; or when there was an issue with that gasket and you trouble shot it to figure it out, they sent you the gasket on the first call, not the second.

Just take a moment to consider, out of all the mail order web purchases you have made in the last 5 years:
1. How much came broken in the mail?
2. How much that was shipped was simply the wrong item?
3. If you called back did they fix it right away (or did you have to call back more than once to get it fixed)?

For me that would be (outside of KC):
1. Nothing arrived broken
2. Nothing shipped was the wrong item
3. Any calls I made were resolved on the first contact.

Can you say the same for KC?

Wow, sounds like you are very bitter against KC. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion, but our opinions are our own. Some of us just happened to be ok with things not always going our way 100% of the time. Also, most people that have been posting on this page are not saying that because we had what we feel was a good experience with KC that you should feel the same way too. If you didn't have a good experience with KC then the most logical thing would be to not order from them again and leave it at that. People want to come here to hear different people comment on their experience with KC, not one person ripping on everyone that happen to be pleased with KC's service. So again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience and if it still has not been resolved I would suggest writing KC emails and not commenting on HBT. You may get what you want and more with a little effort spent resolving the issue and not complaining about it. That’s what I did.

I am not ripping on anybody, so cool your jets:rolleyes: - I think you are reading into it a bit more than you should.

I am just pointing out... a cat is a cat just as good customer service is good customer service. Good customer service isn't just "ok" service. What is so difficult to understand about that?

I don't seek out "ok" companies to do business with, nor does the original poster of this thread - or he just would have made his order and not have bothered with a quality check thread on KC.

There is no bitterness in doing a reality check and asking yourself how the KC compares to other online purchases you have made. I would say that is pretty fair in terms of comparison.

I would rather have Todd read this and continue to improve his business, then to be naive and let his business become a failure. Todd is a good guy, and I know he works hard. A man listens to criticism and adjusts, one way or the other.

Fair enough. We agree on that, sorry I read into it a little to much. I would just hate for a good company to get a bad rap on a site that a lot of people read.

I hear you man - If I came across harsh, I don't mean to. Guess I may be as hard on others as I am myself at times. I absolutely do mean to be constructive and not destructive.

I am about to recommend a buddy to go with KC for his keg set up (couple months). I just don't want to make the recc then have him get crap service or broken products in the mail.

As I have said before, Todd knows his stuff. I am running a keg line up from my basement into my living room to a dual tap - he helped me get the ideas right for set up and helped with some tweaking. I truly want to push all the business I can towards Todd - he doesn't just sell the set ups, he knows how to make a proper installation.

I just want KC to get back up to snuff

Sounds like a sweet set up man. I wish I had a basement, would make life/ brewing so much easier. No hard feelings, post some pics of that set up when it's done.

i will share my experience with KC. i spent about $400 with them on a 2 keg setup and extras back in august of last year. i called ben on the phone and helped me get everything i needed. since i am in TX he waved the shipping charges since i was required to pay sales tax. he shipped it all out that day and i got it the next day. everything was perfect and worked great. being a first time kegger, i had questions and he was very helpful with those questions and helping me get everything up and running. last week i got in a pinch and needed a portable keg charger setup for a block party on saturday. i called ben on thursday at noon told him what i needed and he shipped it that day (had the tracking number to me in an hour) and i got it friday. i debuted the port-a-keg to the neighbors saturday and it was a huge hit. bottom line is, my experience with them has been great and they have been more than helpful on the phone. i work for a logistics company and i deal with shippers and customer service people all day long. from my experience i can tell you that everything in their world is not always perfect. stuff gets damaged when its shipped sometimes. some of the things they ship are fragile and dont always make it. as consumers we need to understand that and realize that most of the time it is the transportation providers fault not the shippers. inspect your stuff for damage when you get it and let ben and todd know if you have an issue. i am sure they would be glad to remedy the situation. and do yourself a favor and pick up the phone to make that call. dont just rely on email.

You are easy to please.

You received a broken item... ok they fix it... (Still think... they should pack it right the first time). If a lot of them break, review your packing procedures and improve them.

Then you had to trouble shoot for an item that left their warehouse unchecked. They indicated they were going to ship a replacement... they didn't. You had to hand hold, then check up again with a follow up call to get your part.

Great customer service?! Hardly. Great customer service would have been getting it right the first time; or when there was an issue with that gasket and you trouble shot it to figure it out, they sent you the gasket on the first call, not the second.

Just take a moment to consider, out of all the mail order web purchases you have made in the last 5 years:
1. How much came broken in the mail?
2. How much that was shipped was simply the wrong item?
3. If you called back did they fix it right away (or did you have to call back more than once to get it fixed)?

For me that would be (outside of KC):
1. Nothing arrived broken
2. Nothing shipped was the wrong item
3. Any calls I made were resolved on the first contact.

Can you say the same for KC?

They were easy to reach, responsive, and concerned about the issues and worked to get everything corrected. I was very satisfied and would rate them much better than average in the customer service area.

i will share my experience with KC. i spent about $400 with them on a 2 keg setup and extras back in august of last year. i called ben on the phone and helped me get everything i needed. since i am in TX he waved the shipping charges since i was required to pay sales tax. he shipped it all out that day and i got it the next day. everything was perfect and worked great. being a first time kegger, i had questions and he was very helpful with those questions and helping me get everything up and running. last week i got in a pinch and needed a portable keg charger setup for a block party on saturday. i called ben on thursday at noon told him what i needed and he shipped it that day (had the tracking number to me in an hour) and i got it friday. i debuted the port-a-keg to the neighbors saturday and it was a huge hit. bottom line is, my experience with them has been great and they have been more than helpful on the phone. i work for a logistics company and i deal with shippers and customer service people all day long. from my experience i can tell you that everything in their world is not always perfect. stuff gets damaged when its shipped sometimes. some of the things they ship are fragile and dont always make it. as consumers we need to understand that and realize that most of the time it is the transportation providers fault not the shippers. inspect your stuff for damage when you get it and let ben and todd know if you have an issue. i am sure they would be glad to remedy the situation. and do yourself a favor and pick up the phone to make that call. dont just rely on email.

Great to hear this - I hope we get some more responses like this one.

I would have ordered from them again, but I could not login..problems for some reason. They said they would get back to me to reset my password..never happened after 2 weeks. I ordered from someone else because I could not wait. If they are so busy they can not help than hire more or better employees. I had no problems the last time I ordered from the over two years ago..but If I can't login in to the site..well I cant order from them..So CHI Company got my buisiness instead..

J

My second time ordering from them. The first time was my 2 tap tower with perlicks. All was right except for one of the shanks was bent up beyond repair (which was not their fault), so I had to send it back. No problems, just set my timeline back by a week.
Couple weeks back, I ordered a new regulator, and I received a bag of clamps instead. I snapped a pic and sent it off to the man, who was very courteous and apologetic. Sent me out a new one, but it won't be here until the 26th.
So, being a glass-half-full guy, I'd say they're good to deal with. But with both orders needing to be replaced, and both times setting my projects back by at least a week, it's hard for me to think of continuing to order from them.
I'm very appreciative that the time and contact was made to fix it. I just wish it didn't need to be fixed in the first place. The regulator/clamp mix up came to be because they mount the packing slips outside the box. Maybe that should be changed? Have one last guy put the slip in the box and make sure the right thing is in there before sending it off?

Back