DRACULA play

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Actor's theatre Louisville, ky

Don't know if this will help anybody or not.....

This play is legendary, and now I know why.

The 360' collisseum style seating and the lowering and raising parts of the stage make this an amazing venue, but the acting and creative use of evrything available pushed this play over the top.

If you are going to be anywhere near this show is a must.

*SPOILER* renfield steals the show. Mindnumbingly funny!

I've never seen Dracula live. Is it the Balderston version?

It is the Bram Stoker version, not to be smart, but I believe it holds to the book much closer than the keanu reeves movie.

funny, we did this play in high school, i actually played dracula. i wish i were close to go see someone else do it. renfield stole our show as well.

they had lucy and mina flip-flopped from the keanu, gary oldman movie. Does that tell which one it is?

It is the Bram Stoker version, not to be smart, but I believe it holds to the book much closer than the keanu reeves movie.

With the exception of the Mina reincarnation stuff, and the Oldman seductive Dracula the Keanu version is by far one of the most accurate adaptations ever made.

The majority of stage performances are based off of the Balderston version, so I am assuming this production has another screen writer? Are they local?

I'll have to check the program TX, but I repeat, Mina and Lucy were REVERSED from the Keanu Movie.

I believe the writer was local.

How so? I've never caught that and I've read the book several times.

In the movie, Lucy was the hot red head who was slowly being vamped and ravaged, Mina was Jonathan Harker (Keanu)'s doting wife.

In the play Mina was already dead and risen from the vampire's draining.

Lucy was Jonathan's doting wife.

I can't remember the how the book had them.....

In the book Mina is Harkers Fiance/Wife, same as in the Keanu adaptation of Dracula. Lucy, the hot red head, was the symbol for Victorian innocence in both the movie and the book ,although the movie made her rather trampish.

I have never seen the Balderston version, but the original adaptation (the US not the Mexican) was based on Balderstons adaption, as are the majority of plays that are shown nowadays.

Back