keg connection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWS22

Reaction score
The kit deals at KegConnection.com seem almost too good to be true. Anyone have any experience there? Any quality issues to be aware of?

I got my stuff from there in november and am very happy with it. Quality is good, shipping was prompt. The only thing i would change is the length of the serving hose. I think they are about 7 feet but i wish they were 10.

The kit I ordered arrived just before Christmas. Very happy with the service and the delivery. Quality looks good but I have yet to try it. Beer line hose is 5 feet on mine and if I could do it over again I would order it with at least 10ft. I haven't used mine to know if I will have to change them to longer but the consensus if you read the boards is 10ft+ in order to have a balanced system.

They have a really good rep here. There have been minor issues reported (mostly with B-grade kegs or bad seals), but they are always made right.

I've been a customer there for three years with several purchases, never had an issue. They are definitely a great company to work with and the customer service is outstanding.

I got my stuff from Keg Connection too. Great place, great service, and great prices!

My B grade kegs are pretty beat up, but thats what I was expecting. They hold pressure and thats all I ask. I've had more problems with kegs from my LHBS.

bought a nitro system from them over Christmas with excellent result. I've no problem recommending them. :mug:

Got all my stuff from them.... I would easily recommend them.

Me too. I got my whole set up from them. I had a faulty regulator when it came, so I called and talked to Todd and he told me to send it back and he'd replace it. It wasn't their fault, but they apologized anyway. I got the new regulator right away, and it was perfect. That was about three years ago, and I still am using the same set up. LOVE their customer service, even though you also hope you never need it.

I got my setup there just after Thanksgiving, been loving tap beer ever since. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

wow. 100% positive feedback. nice! sold.

now, don't let me found out that all you guys are incognito kegconnection reps. i'll hunt you down... :)

wow. 100% positive feedback. nice! sold.

now, don't let me found out that all you guys are incognito kegconnection reps. i'll hunt you down... :)

You found me out! I commute from my home in Michigan to Texas every weekday to sell kegs for a very small company. The pay is that good! :rockin:

Seriously, I'm sure that not every single person who ever purchased items from them is going to give you a ringing endorsement, but my experience was completely positive.

I have made several orders through KC and have always been more than happy!

Just chiming in to put a good word for kegconnections.com. I have made three orders from them including kegging kits, have had the chance to speak to them about customizing the kit etc - great customer service.

Now if only the airlines could emulate them in that department :)

Not to ruin the 100% positive feedback, but I am still trying to work out a simple customized setup with them since mid November. I think the key is that even though they are an online merchant, it is best to call them with any issues. They do not always respond to email in a timely manner if at all. Unfortunately, email is my best way to communicate with them, and as an online merchant it should be the prefered way. I am about ready to give up and simply order all the parts individually from various merchants.

That said, if I was just going to purchase a stock kit from them that is shown on their website, I would have already completed the sale.

I highly recommend KegConnection. Top notch in every respect. I made a custom order & Ben was more than helpful. In situations like this (custom order) the phone really is the most effective way. Cheers!!!

Great company. Ordered my kegging kit there last year and works great. I had a busted gauge when it arrived and after a quick email to their customer support they sent me a new one within two days. Easy, hassle free, and great prices. Will order from them again.

Awesome service. I got the keg kit and fridge. The fridge was shipped through a different supplier that was not nearly as timely as the cornies, tank, etc from keg connections. They called the fridge supplier and I got it in 2 days. Todd also talked me through the installation over the phone.

I ordered during their cyber Monday sale. Fast shipping, especially considering the volume of orders they had. Everything seems to be in good shape - plus you get free set of O-rings. I would give the keg a good wash as mine still had soda smell in it. A thorough cleaning, plus changing out the O-rings (optional) should be good as new.

I upgraded to the more expensive regulator and went with the 5# CO2 tank. The tank cost me 10 bucks to fill up at a fire & safety shop.

Great customer service, shipping, and equipment!

My experience with them (or the guy I ordered with) is completely contrary to a great experience. Would I buy from them again? He!! NO!

Maybe they're great if you order an off-the-shelf-kit, I don't know. All I wanted to do was get 3 gal kegs instead of 5, upgrade the regulator and didn't want a CO2 tank.. My order was bungled. I was overcharged & now I can't get a response from many emails. I'm debating refusing the shipment & disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Maybe they only work part time, maybe they don't care, but I would've rather bought from AHS (or locally) and paid a bit more.

My situation has been somewhat indifferent. I can make a better determination once my order arrives and I see what actually comes. So far my experience has been do not ask them any questions or try and order anything through email. I would send a question, get a response, send a followup question or get a quote, and the guy acts as if he's never heard from me before. Or thought he had sent me a followup but never actually did. Or confuses me with someone else. This went on for a few days. I don't know, just struck me as goes in one ear and out the other type of thing.

The experience reminded me of what it would be like placing an order for something from Dori (Finding Nemo).

I recommend ordering over the phone, ask any questions then and there and making sure he's got everything straight while you are on the line.

But I will say, very nice guy, good prices and great quality stuff from what I hear. He did say he was very busy so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and placed an order anyway. We shall see.

my experience with them (or the guy i ordered with) is completely contrary to a great experience. Would i buy from them again? He!! No!

Maybe they're great if you order an off-the-shelf-kit, i don't know. All i wanted to do was get 3 gal kegs instead of 5, upgrade the regulator and didn't want a co2 tank.. My order was bungled. I was overcharged & now i can't get a response from many emails. i'm debating refusing the shipment & disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Maybe they only work part time, maybe they don't care, but i would've rather bought from ahs (or locally) and paid a bit more.

make the call! 512-749-8101

My experience with them (or the guy I ordered with) is completely contrary to a great experience. Would I buy from them again? He!! NO!

Maybe they're great if you order an off-the-shelf-kit, I don't know. All I wanted to do was get 3 gal kegs instead of 5, upgrade the regulator and didn't want a CO2 tank.. My order was bungled. I was overcharged & now I can't get a response from many emails. I'm debating refusing the shipment & disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Maybe they only work part time, maybe they don't care, but I would've rather bought from AHS (or locally) and paid a bit more.

They ended up getting it sorted out soon after I posted, but man, the amount of time I spent getting my order and refund right.. over a week of emailing & calling.. I should be on their payroll. Seems to be a lot of confusion between orders - or they're very busy. Maybe there's a need for another online keg supply presense..

Awesome service. I got the keg kit and fridge. The fridge was shipped through a different supplier that was not nearly as timely as the cornies, tank, etc from keg connections. They called the fridge supplier and I got it in 2 days. Todd also talked me through the installation over the phone.

Same here. My kegs are scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but I still don't have any shipping notification on the fridge. I'll probably call tomorrow if I get the kegs andstill haven't heard about the fridge.

Also: when will there be more b-grade kegs?! Those were an awesome deal I missed out on:(

I was happy with the quality of the items I got, but the shipping time left something to be desired - guess I am a want it now guy. I think it took 3 weeks from when I started my order to when I got it in hand. They were running a sale at the time and backed up, but it only said 2-3 days (behind shipments) on their site.

Despite the lag time, I would reccomend them. High quality hardware

I would send a question, get a response, send a followup question or get a quote, and the guy acts as if he's never heard from me before. Or thought he had sent me a followup but never actually did.

This is exactly what my experience has been, but it had been going on since November. I finally decided to give up. :(

Sent email, got reply right away, sent another email answering his questions...never heard from them agin...sent 4 more follow up email messages asking for the quote...finally got "I don't know what you are talking about" reply...re-explained what I needed, never heard from them again.

Just decided to order the parts from various online and local sources and assemble the kit it myself.

No problems with my order from November. 3 kegs & kit. The washer broke in transit but they took care of that pretty quickly when I got around to emailing them.
I kind of wish I went with a 5 pound tank rather than the 2.5, but I'm having my brother go for the 5# soda setup when he gets a chance. Haven't seen any better prices on that anywhere else.

This is exactly what my experience has been, but it had been going on since November. I finally decided to give up. :(

Sent email, got reply right away, sent another email answering his questions...never heard from them agin...sent 4 more follow up email messages asking for the quote...finally got "I don't know what you are talking about" reply...re-explained what I needed, never heard from them again.

Just decided to order the parts from various online and local sources and assemble the kit it myself.

Same here. Until I decided to pick up the phone and then everything got better.

Same here. Until I decided to pick up the phone and then everything got better.

How was shipping for you, pricewise? I've been waiting for a quote (quite awhile actually...), and hoping it isn't too steep. Did you go USPS?

Should mention I'm in Canada, too (Yukon).

I ordered a kit from them about a week ago (off the shelf) right when they ran out of 5# co2 tanks. I placed my original order after a few too many homebrews and didn't get the dual regulator. When I saw my order was delayed anyway I decided to see if I could upgrade the regulator before it shipped and the guys were extremely helpful and even gave me a discount on the part. Fantastic service to the point that I had to blow my Lurker status.

Yes, it seems you must use the phone when ordering. I finally did this on Tuesday, asked my questions and placed an order that night. My order has already shipped and scheduled to be delivered this coming Tuesday. Very fast with flat rate $7.99 shipping. Can't beat that.

Despite the emailing woes, I am very satisfied so far and will certainly give them my business in the future.

How was shipping for you, pricewise? I've been waiting for a quote (quite awhile actually...), and hoping it isn't too steep. Did you go USPS?

Should mention I'm in Canada, too (Yukon).

I ordered my kit in October.
I sent them 2 emails back then and I didn't got answers to my e-mails regarding the shipping cost to Canada using USPS.

I bought my kit at their store on Ebay (same price but with extra goodies : sanitizer and cleaner). The shipping cost was showed there. So getting it delivered to Montreal by UPS cost what was written on Ebay + 40$ brokers fee + 35$ taxes. I ordered a premium 2 keg kit (HK120). The packaging was good enough to survive the shipping (UPS isn't careful with big/heavy package).

Everything was great beside that one of the keg didn't have new seal and the keg had weird black stuff on the inside wall. I had to soak the keg overnight and then scrub it off.

I'm Waiting on an Email from ben. Called Him for a quote and he said I'd have to shoot him an email, So i did. now the waiting begins.........

I'm not going to wait very long. Sounds like anything but the standard kits and they don;t care about getting your business...

I ordered my kit in October.
I sent them 2 emails back then and I didn't got answers to my e-mails regarding the shipping cost to Canada using USPS.

I bought my kit at their store on Ebay (same price but with extra goodies : sanitizer and cleaner). The shipping cost was showed there. So getting it delivered to Montreal by UPS cost what was written on Ebay + 40$ brokers fee + 35$ taxes. I ordered a premium 2 keg kit (HK120). The packaging was good enough to survive the shipping (UPS isn't careful with big/heavy package).

Everything was great beside that one of the keg didn't have new seal and the keg had weird black stuff on the inside wall. I had to soak the keg overnight and then scrub it off.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually just heard back from them today, and got my USPS quote, so will place an order shortly. They were very apologetic about being late getting back to me. Hoping it's just indicative of a small company getting bigger and busier faster than planned, rather than apathy kicking in. I'll report back later on how it goes.

well, ordered mine yesterday. we'll see how this goes - sounds like he's getting busy!

Back