All in 1 Compact Pre/Counterflow Chiller w/Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetgorilla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted a compact, portable pre chiller set up and counterflow chiller that was neat and easy to set up, heres what i came up with

image-1054884068.jpg

image-593653107.jpg

image-3317299134.jpg

image-372120790.jpg

That is seriously awesome. I had never thought of packaging it all up like this! Thanks for giving me some ideas!! :rockin:

This looks very nice, well done :)

However, isn't the extra chilled water flowing in the same direction as the beer? or does the beer not output at the thermometer? Seems like the pre chiller coil should be connected to CFC's lower water port so that the beer and water are counter flowing.

cpirius said:
This looks very nice, well done :)

However, isn't the extra chilled water flowing in the same direction as the beer? or does the beer not output at the thermometer? Seems like the pre chiller coil should be connected to CFC's lower water port so that the beer and water are counter flowing.
yes, u r right. I was messing with fittings because i need a few more so i was connecting things up to see how many.

The cold water will go in the lower fitting and exit at the higher one.

good eye

Back